XL1s Jaggy Artifact Problem... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old March 26th, 2002, 03:50 PM   #16
_redone_

LP mode and codecs

Chris..

Wow, I am surprised to hear that.

When i shot LP mode and reviewed the footage it noticably had a difference
in image quality. I even did a test after I made the supposed "mistake"
of shooting in LP mode, and sure enough i found a loss in quality.

I now am wondering why this is, I did capture though a canopus board
with canopus DV codec rather than my usuall firewire capture,
maybe that had something to do with it, maybe some settings or something.

I am also wondering about the canopus booster package you talked about, I did enjoy working with canopus hardware in the past, plus I agree it is a great codec! where about to i optain a copy of this, Im not sure if I found it on the link you supplied. i would like to have the ability to use canopus codec.
www.eatdrinkmedia.com
Adam Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2002, 05:56 PM   #17
Obstreperous Rex

Adam...

My bad, here's the correct link: http://www.justedit.com/products/dvbp.php3

LP mode *should* appear no different than SP, except for the noted various playback incompatibilities... it's one of the advantages of DV.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2002, 04:53 AM   #18
RED Code Chef

Weird... I use Adobe Premiere 6.01 with my Xl1S without
any problems at all! Capturing goes fine etc. I do use the
Microsoft DV codec at the moment. Going to try other codecs
in the time to come.

Is there a newer 6.02 version? If so I'll try that one too.

Good luck!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2002, 08:44 AM   #19
JayPoucher

I only have problems exporting the time line to an MPG. it doesn't look good, and had compression troubles. Adobe said the XL-1 wasn't compatable directly with Premier but that what THEY say. I love it and, except for this one glitch, has been great. I have sanother station with a Pinnacle DV-500 that does NOT like my Dell 220 workstation. Something about the dual CPU and that card in a Dell that doesn't play well with others.

Otherwise, itworks great in a beefed up Gateway 800 that I have.

So, I'm happy.
Old April 9th, 2002, 10:00 AM   #20
Regular Crew

I know this thread is most likely dead, but I had a similar problem with a DV200 capture card. I have done video with a JVC Cybercam and have gotten the same problem.

Best,
James
James Rulison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2002, 10:32 AM   #21
Trustee

I've been using Premiere since 1999 and apart from being a little unstable(more a platform problem) I have never had any serious problems with it.

I think your problem could be in your capture hardware/codec and not Premiere. I always capture with it and have never had anything other than clean footage.

As for it not supporting the XL1, I think someone has some wires crossed there. Everytime I plug my camera in it says Canon XL1, device control works, all capture functions work and again I get good clean video.

With any PC, you really have to be careful about what hardware you use. Not everything is compatable and it can cause all kinds of problems from what you are experiencing to total machine failure.

The bottom line is talk to someone who builds NLE systems and make sure all your gear is compatable.
Adrian Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2002, 11:38 AM   #22
Wrangler

fixed?

Hi Delorianhayze,

Can you tell me if you got your problem of the "jaggy artifacts" resolved? Our greenscreen situation is much like yours, with the worst of the pixelation occurring when the talent makes fairly rapid arm movements. Looks good on the monitor during the shoot but then...
Old April 29th, 2002, 12:46 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Actually I did get my problem resolved. First to make sure it's not a camera issue play the tape back off the camera onto a monitor. If everything is still ok then it could be your capture card.

I was using the Pinnacle DV200 Video Capture card which will actually work ok in Windows XP. The problem is I used the new DV200 drivers with Adobe Premiere 6.02 and 6.01. Both of them seem to cause this effect. I would not consider this to be a Adobe problem but a Pinnacle problem. The capture card access some components of Adobe and these components must have changed structors in the 2 patchs. At least that is my take on my problem yours could be different.

Best regards,
James Rulison
James Rulison is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite