canon xh a1 - why is a tape i shot in 24f mode showing up as 29 frames per second and at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old July 29th, 2009, 10:35 PM   #1
Major Player

canon xh a1 - why is a tape i shot in 24f mode showing up as 29 frames per second and

i have a tape that must have been a bad tape. i shot with the canon xha1 in 24f mode. when i captured it its playing back out of sync with the audio, and the video plays faster than it should. im not considered with the audio, just need the video

its for a concert i filmed, i tried in premiere to goto interpret footage and change it to 23.976 but it still wont sync up with the master audio, or the 2nd tape that worked right.

any ideas on how to fix this?
Dave Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2009, 05:30 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Just a thought, haven't done this myself but here goes...

bring the footage/audio onto the timeline... right click on the footage and choose " unlink "

now you can slide the audio to get it in synch...

or you can just highlight the audio and delete it too...

for getting the footage to the same time frame as your second tape, I'd export the footage
from Premier at the frame rate you want and see if it synchs with the other footage, if
not you will have to adjust the timeing...
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2009, 03:49 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Morgan View Post
i have a tape that must have been a bad tape. i shot with the canon xha1 in 24f mode. when i captured it its playing back out of sync with the audio, and the video plays faster than it should. im not considered with the audio, just need the video

its for a concert i filmed, i tried in premiere to goto interpret footage and change it to 23.976 but it still wont sync up with the master audio, or the 2nd tape that worked right.

any ideas on how to fix this?
Are you using CS3 or CS4?
Eric Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 04:02 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Morgan View Post
Dave, I cant think of an easy way to do this other than capture the video and audio separately and try to sync them on the time line. I''d leave the video as is and cut the the audio at every song and sync it manually with the video
Andy Wason is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite