DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Canon GL2 and Premiere Pro (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/26751-canon-gl2-premiere-pro.html)

Joe Mobic March 10th, 2005 03:49 PM

Which mode with Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5?

I have Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 and the GL2

I'd like to make a short movie and make it look film-like

Which mode should I shoot it in (Frame or Normal)?

Jimmy McKenzie March 10th, 2005 03:54 PM

Test both uner the lighting conditions that will represent your scene(s).

Then compare. The lower resolution of Canon frame mode has now been superseded by the 24p of the XL2.

But since you are using the GL2, check your result on the playback device you will be using for your show. A bit of motion blur but similar dof will be the result.

You will also find many threads (most over a year old) on this topic if you do a search here.

Trond Saetre April 22nd, 2006 12:03 PM

Capture direct to harddrive with XM2 and Premiere Pro 2.0

I just wanted to share this.

I am using the Canon XM2. After upgrading from Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 to 2.0, I am now able to capture directly to the harddrive from the XM2 without having a tape in the camera.
I do it with the regular capture function of Premiere.

No need for any additional software. But I noticed that the camera had to be on before I start Premiere.

Graham Bernard April 22nd, 2006 01:54 PM

You can also do it with SonyVegas. Now try the free MS MovieMaker and get back to us? - Yeah?

Grazie

Trond Saetre April 22nd, 2006 03:05 PM

I'll leave the movie maker to someone else.
Don't have that one on my computer.

Nice to see that it works with Vegas also.

Ian Stark April 27th, 2006 07:26 AM

You'll probably yell at me for stating the obvious but if you're shooting something important, I'd be inclined to keep a tape in the cam as well!

Those firewire connectors easily come loose, at the camera end in particular, and you wouldn't want that happening in the middle of your one-chance-only shot!

Trond Saetre April 27th, 2006 07:42 AM

Ian, I totally agree with you.
And especially for a paid shot, I would always record to tape.

Dale Guthormsen April 28th, 2006 11:14 PM

computer or firestore

This is great news and thank you so much for sharing it.

I have been considering getting a firestore 4 but have vasillated between that and a lap top.

What do you think???

Ian Stark April 29th, 2006 01:51 AM

Firestore = much more convenient when running around shooting - ie you can attach it to the camera or tripod with ease.

Laptop = you can use DV-Rack! Wonderful tool, IMO. However, the biggest issue is using it conveniently in the field. Would you be happy carrying around another platform/tripod for the laptop? Or would you be happy putting the laptop on the floor etc? I use a laptop with DV-Rack and it is most convenient to use in, say, interview situations. But when I'm running around a warehouse shooting different aspects of operations for a corporate video, with limited time for setting up etc, the laptop becomes a problem.

Oh, to have both . . .

. . . and I'd still record to tape to be safe!

Nelson Cardoso November 22nd, 2006 08:19 PM

Nice film look using premiere? without magic bullet?

Is it possible to get that nice film look in just plain premiere pro 1.5? I don't want to shoot in frame mode anymore, but I want to keep the film look. Magic bullet is outside of my budget. Thoughts?

Thanks
Nelson Cardoso

Dale Guthormsen November 22nd, 2006 09:59 PM

Nelson,

There is a two part article in the article section on this list.

Why would you not want to shoot in Frame?

Most shoting filmicly tend to use a camera with 24 or 25 frames a second.