DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/34666-adobe-premiere-premiere-pro-discussions-2005-a.html)

Glenn Chan March 10th, 2005 03:24 PM

Color Finesse is very good for matching cameras from what I've seen of it. About $600USD.

Dan Mumford March 10th, 2005 06:33 PM

I'm not trying to be funny here, but did you put the XL in VCR mode? Some times it's the simple things that bite us.

Dan

Ronald Lee March 10th, 2005 11:56 PM

2 Questions about the Premiere timeline/video tracks

Hi there

I am using Premiere 6.0. I have two simple questions....

I have two video tracks for an interview. Video track 1 is the full uninterupted video of the interviewee. Video 2 is the video of the interviewer, broken up in clips for only when he is asking questions.

I have to:
1) now add video effects to all the clips in video 2. There are a lot of clips. Is there a way to add the same video effect (just like a brightness & contract adjustment) to them all at the same time?

2) I want two add two emtpy video tracks Between video 1 and 2, so I can add an effect onto video 1. Is there a way to do this, or do I have to move all the clips in Video 2 up, manually, one at a time?

Thanks.

Ed Smith March 11th, 2005 04:31 AM

Hi Ronald,

1) You can copy and paste effects from 1 clip to another. Simply right click on your first clip with the effect, then choose copy. Then right click on your second clip, and choose paste attributes. Another dialog will appear asking what attributes you wish to paste. Of the top of my head I think that effects is an option, so choose that.

2) First add your 2 more video tracks. Then use the group tool, select your clips in track 2 and then click and drag them to track 4.

I don't have Premiere 6 in front of me at the moment, but from memory I think thats how to do it.

Hope this helps,

K. Forman March 11th, 2005 05:31 AM

Ed's pretty much dead-on. In a situation where you have to add effects to clips, it is easier to do it to the entire clip, then cut it up, rather than cut and paste to 50 smaller chunks.

John Rowan March 11th, 2005 09:46 AM

Yes, it is in VCR mode. I should also point out some other things I've noticed since yesterday. I tried it with my Dad's GL2, and I had the exact same problem. However, I downloaded a dedicated capturing program (Scenalyzer 2.1), and that works, which seems to pretty strongly imply a Premiere problem rather than a FireWire problem or a camera problem.

Ronald Lee March 11th, 2005 07:46 PM

How to show/burn timecode in Premiere?

Hi there,

I'm on Premiere 6.0

Is there a simple way to show the timecode of some video you are editing, burned into the video? Perhaps in the bottom of the video, where the bottom black bar is (for widescreen video)?

This would help with editing and getting our EDL for out online masters.

Premiere will just read whatever timecode is on the source video, correct and automatically put together the EDL that represents your project file?

thanks.

Jonathan Nicholas March 12th, 2005 04:27 AM

From memory you can paste all the effects that you've copied to multiple clips - selected using the dotted rectangle tool.

Jon

Ed Smith March 12th, 2005 06:42 AM

As far as I am aware Premiere does not support burnt in timecode (BITC). I remember there being a work around/ plug in that someody produced, But I don't know where it is...

Try a search for BITC or burnt in Timecode.

The only machine that I am aware that does BITC in real-time and does it extremely well is a Lightworks Touch. But then again you are looking at aboout £16,000 for one...

Rob Lohman March 12th, 2005 07:05 AM

Sony Vegas (another NLE) can do it as well, it is kinda real-time.

Richard Alvarez March 12th, 2005 08:34 AM

Avid

Clint Comer March 12th, 2005 04:01 PM

Trimmed project

I was wondering, when I run the project trimmer out of the project manager, will it render out the new avi's without audio if I do not use the audio in the sequence? Or will it render out the audio if I originaly captured the audio regardless if I use it or not? If so, is there a way to render out the new avi's without the original sound?

David Yuen March 12th, 2005 05:16 PM

Timecode Frame Generator

Perhaps this timecode frame generator would be of some use?

Jay Stevens March 12th, 2005 11:51 PM

Output to DVD looks bad on TV

I hook the gl2 up to the tv... no edginess, no blurring.... just great footage.

I edit in premiere 1.5 and export to dvd... now have blurry movement and edgy lines. Set to high quality, 2 pass, 720x480, 4mb.

What in the world is the problem? I thought from an earlier post it might have been the lighting but now after plugging straight from camera to tv i know it can't be that.

It's something to do with software, but what?

Any info from anyone with the same experience and how to fix this would be great!!!

Thanks

Brent Ray March 13th, 2005 03:06 AM

Any time you compress video, you're going to lose quality. Try playing around with your export settings a little bit. I've had good results by doing the VBR 7mb 2-pass encoding, but try changing settings and find the results which work best for you.