DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2005 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/34666-adobe-premiere-premiere-pro-discussions-2005-a.html)

Rob Lohman March 13th, 2005 06:27 AM

Do a search on this board on:

TMPGEnc CCE ProCoder

That will yield you numerous threads on DVD encoders and their
settings. 4 MB is a pretty low bitrate. Since you mention two pass
I assume this is the VBR average bitrate. VBR also has a minimum
and maximum setting.

Do the search and take a couple of hours to read through them!

Mark Williams March 13th, 2005 07:26 AM

Jay,

If you are using the Adobe MPEG Encoder these are the settings that I use to obtain superior encoding results for a one hour dvd. You will have to lower the bitrate for longer than 1 hour or use variable bitrate.

1. Drag the quality slider all the way to the right (value = 50)

2. Set the max bitrate to 8120. I use constant bitrate.

3. Use audio setting MPEG layer 2 at 384, muxed for DVD.

Also, there is a chance that when you are bringing your encoded data into your DVD authoring program that it is encoding it again...very bad results may occur. Check you DVD authoring software to see if you can "turn-off" it's encoding. What I author with is DVD-Lab. It does not have an encoder.

Regards,

Mark

Jay Stevens March 13th, 2005 05:29 PM

Well, I'll admit my ignorance with the software since I've only had it for a couple weeks. I had the encoder set to windows media 9 and not mpeg2 for dvd. It now looks great on the television. Thanks for everyone's help. There is a lot to learn about this software.

Brent Ray March 13th, 2005 07:03 PM

I didn't even know you could put Windows Media video on a DVD. Interesting....

Steve Witt March 14th, 2005 04:38 PM

There is now Adobe Premiere Elements for Dummies by Keith Underdahl (copyright 2005) available about this NLE software.
I can't comment too much on the book yet because I just checked it out at the library but maybe this can be a start for you as well.

Kent Metschan March 14th, 2005 05:06 PM

4 channel recording???

Does anyone know if the latest version of Premiere can handle 4 channel audio records from an XL2? Can Final Cut handle it?

Steven Chow March 14th, 2005 07:21 PM

Import your footage to AE would also work too. It has a TC plugin. I'm also sure some cameras allows you to display the timecode during capturing. Good Luck!

Steven Chow March 14th, 2005 07:25 PM

You can always mimic the magic bullet looks all with in Premiere. Just takes alittle practice. Magic bullet seems to be a pretty popular plugin for the "film look". I think it retails for $300. Don't qoute me on that, I could be wrong.

Steven Chow March 14th, 2005 07:27 PM

Nope! I have the Tascam FW1884 and Adobe has absolutley no support drivers. I don't think Adobe has any future plans on getting these mix boards to intergrat with Premiere Pro.

Ed Smith March 17th, 2005 05:45 AM

Hi Kent,

I don't think the latest version supports 4 channel audio. If you have a Matrox RTx 100 card then I think it is possible...

anyone tried?

Steve Witt March 17th, 2005 06:51 AM

This brings me to a question. Are the DVDs that we rent at Blockbuster on Mpeg2 format? Is this the format that plays in most DVD players.

Kent Metschan March 17th, 2005 09:23 AM

Adobe has really got to get back in the game. I really don't count the last upgrade (1.5) because the best feature (project trimming) is just a dropped feature put back in. No updates to Photoshop CS either in 14 months.

Brad Tyrrell March 17th, 2005 02:16 PM

I just capture with scenalyzer and don't worry about it. Cheap, downloadabe, trial version available.

Brad

Brad Tyrrell March 17th, 2005 02:24 PM

Tweener/Morphing ?

I've got a couple of event DV tapes with bad frames here and there. (Camera misaligned). Some blocks of pixels occasionally shifted left. Since the problem tends to be on single frames, all I'd have to do is lift the frame and insert one that's an interpolation of the two on each side to fix the video without an apparent pause or jump.

Anyone know how to do that in Ppro or maybe of a pulg-in?

Thanks,

Brad

I've tried cutting the frame out and using various Ppro transitions. Looks worse.

Graham Hickling March 17th, 2005 09:04 PM

The twixtor plugin will do interpolation, but I'm unsure if it will do what you want in PPro or whether you'll need AfterFX...their website it a bit ambiguous about the capability in different hosts.

http://www.revisionfx.com/rstwixtorfeatmat.html