Keyboard shortcuts problems at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old September 6th, 2009, 08:16 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Keyboard shortcuts problems

Hi,
Long story short: I have to use a french keyboard on my English UK PPCS4 for a while. Obviously, the keys aren't mapped the same at all and I'm having trouble locating some basic shortcuts.
For instance, the Timeline Zoom Out shortcut (normally -) does not work, and I couldn't find any way to re-map teh function somewhere else (it doesn't seem to be customizable in 'keyboard customization, unless I'm mistaken)
Does anyone have experience working with a foreign keyboard on an english PPCS4? Any tip would be helpful as I'm really struggling working it out!
Does anyone know how to remap the timeline zoom in and out shortcuts?
Does anyone have a french keyboard template I could use?
thanx
Mikael Couderc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2009, 12:56 AM   #2
Regular Crew

You should be able to change the keyboard type input in the Windows control panel, so that Premiere gets the right information. Go into Control Panel, Regional Settings, Languages, Input (this is on XP, Vista is surely a little different) and change the input to a French AZERTY keyboard. My system is like this, and everything works fine.
Bill Engeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2009, 08:00 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Managed to get a french keyboard template (called .KYS file) and copied into Program files/PPCS4/Keyboard shortcuts directory. It's all good now (although Avid keyboard shortcut template still insists on mapping shortcuts to non existing keys!)
Did the same for PS and Illustrator.
Thanx
Mikael Couderc is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite