Help: audio at beginning of clips volume low when PP opens at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old October 12th, 2009, 11:54 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Help: audio at beginning of clips volume low when PP opens

I use m2t HD video from my sony HC-1 directly in my PP timeline.
A strange glitch has begun to happen, that I both fail to understand and hate with a passion.

When I open an existing project and play OR export a sequence, the audio at the beginning of most of the clips is too low to hear on the FIRST play. It sounds like I have a "fade in" volume setting on it of about 3 seconds. However, after the beginning of the clip has played once or twice, it plays fine.

This isn't such a big deal when I am playing clips in the timeline (they play real time on my machine specs below, raid-0 1.5T drive for source clips and PP files), but if I make a change to some part of a video, then export the whole thing, the audio in the exported/rendered file has the same audio problem.

To solve it, I must play the beginning of each clip in the sequence 1=3 times until the volume starts at full. In a sequence with 5 clips, this is (*^ing annoying. In a clip with 50 clips, it is "take a bat to the *&^%ing monitor" crazy.

Anyone have this issue, and/or a solution?
Old December 18th, 2009, 10:43 AM   #2
Major Player

Premier pro glitchy audio

Hi,
I have been having a simular problem. I am exporting DV footage using virtualdub. Most of the time this works great for both dv and hdv footage. Ever no and then I will get an AVI output file with totally glitchy audio throughout. Usually if I re-export the footage all is well. For my current project some of the footage outputted ok. There is one sequence that I am having a hard time exporting correctly. The video is ok but the audio is not. I tried defraging my HD and re-rendering the sequence but did not help. I tried coping the avi file to another HD less fragmented and this seemed to work. But after exporting the sequence to a newly defraged RAID 0 drive I get the same problem. Any thoughts.

John Gerard
John Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2009, 10:06 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Are you sure it's not the player? I've been encoding files in the 200 to 500MB range and sometimes the players have problems keeping up. It's also possible that you have an audio effect that's causing the problem, but you would have to activate the effect in each video. Are you finding this on all video clips, or just the one?

Another scenario is that you can manipulate the volume levels right in the time line. It doesn't make sense that there are so many options to tweak the db level, because so many of the changes can be made without your knowing. For example, if you have the expanded track for the audio (the first track is usually expanded by default) you can inadvertently click and drag the volume up or down without even knowing that you did it. Or, you can get into the effects panel to change the volume levels for that particular clip.
Steve Pond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2009, 01:22 PM   #4
Major Player

Exporting AVI file PP CS3

Hi,

I found out it is the players. Windows can not stream the AVI file correctly or fast enough. It worked fine in Encore and on the resulting DVD. I am surprised because the file is only DV content. I defiantly have a fast enough computer for that.
Old December 31st, 2009, 01:27 PM   #5
Major Player

Audio problem in PP CS3

Hi,

I found out my problem with the Audio not playing. I have to render the sequence every time or the audio has a problem. Either in PP or in the resulting AVI exported file. That cleaned it up every time. It took me a long time to figure that one out.

John Gerard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lewis View Post
I use m2t HD video from my sony HC-1 directly in my PP timeline.
A strange glitch has begun to happen, that I both fail to understand and hate with a passion.

When I open an existing project and play OR export a sequence, the audio at the beginning of most of the clips is too low to hear on the FIRST play. It sounds like I have a "fade in" volume setting on it of about 3 seconds. However, after the beginning of the clip has played once or twice, it plays fine.

This isn't such a big deal when I am playing clips in the timeline (they play real time on my machine specs below, raid-0 1.5T drive for source clips and PP files), but if I make a change to some part of a video, then export the whole thing, the audio in the exported/rendered file has the same audio problem.

To solve it, I must play the beginning of each clip in the sequence 1=3 times until the volume starts at full. In a sequence with 5 clips, this is (*^ing annoying. In a clip with 50 clips, it is "take a bat to the *&^%ing monitor" crazy.

Old January 3rd, 2010, 10:25 PM   #6
Regular Crew

volume of first 2 seconds of clips plays low at first...

I import m2t HD video from my sony HC-1 directly in my PP timeline.

When I open an existing project and play OR export a sequence, the audio at the beginning of most of the clips is too low to hear on the FIRST play. It sounds like I have a "fade in" volume setting on it of about 3 seconds. However, after I have played the beginning of the clip 2-3 times in the timeline, the volume is fine. I am not altering any settings, only playing the clip in the timeline a couple times.

This low volume problem happens when I play back the timeline, and when I export to a file.

To solve it, I must play the beginning of each clip in the sequence 2-3 times in the timeline until the volume starts at full. In a sequence with 5 clips, this is (*^ing annoying. In a clip with 50 clips, it is "take a bat to the *&^%ing monitor" crazy.

(I asked this question earlier, but the answers all focused on a response to my question, not my question)
Old January 3rd, 2010, 10:44 PM   #7
Inner Circle

Actually it appears that the last post in that thread directly attempted to address your question... did you try the solution offered there?
Old January 3rd, 2010, 11:10 PM   #8
Obstreperous Rex

Threads merged.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite