audio problem in premiere pro cs3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 31st, 2009, 05:03 AM   #1
Inner Circle

audio problem in premiere pro cs3

I have been experiencing problems with my audio while editing since this year with premiere cs3, when I bought my pc 2 years ago I had problems getting audio in premiere with the
sound chip that was build in on the motherboard so I bought a basic soundblaster card that did work.
Only since this year I am experiencing sound drops on one timeline after a while of editing. The first half hour all works ok but then every 10 seconds the sound disappears during playback on the timeline and reappears again and it keeps on doing that untill I restart Premiere and then the same scenario; half our OK and then sound goes away and comes back continuously.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? I have been thinking it might be a memory problem as that was an upgrade I did beginning this year.
My system is a dell xps420 with a Q6600 processor and 4 gigs of memory.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 03:17 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi -

If you look on the Adobe PPro forums, this seems like a pretty common problem. I don't think it's your sound card, it appears to be an Adobe memory problem. I had the same problems until I went to an x64 system with more memory.

The problem was particularly acute with multi-cam timelines. My workaround for that was to render out a mixed audio track from the source timeline, then insert it as track 2 on the multicam timeline, and delete audio track 1.

The only other solutions apprear to be to free up as much memory as possible, and/or living with the hourly restart of PPro.
Bill Engeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2010, 08:21 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Thanks Bill for your answer, I suspected it was a memory problem though I first thought it had to do with replacing the memory modules, I can't remember having this problem before I upgraded my memory from 2 to 4 gigs. It happens as you said on more complex projects and even though I can continue my work after a restart it's quite annoying, especially since I have to restart every 30 minutes. I might also try another brand of memory modules that are installed in another pc to see if it solves the problem, I did have this problem on xp pro before and since a while I have windows 7 64bit and the same problem there, at the end I guess I have to add another 4 gigs (my motherboard support 8 gigs in total)
Noa Put is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite