DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Will Adobe PPro CS3 work with Windows 7 64bit (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/466276-will-adobe-ppro-cs3-work-windows-7-64bit.html)

Harry Lender October 22nd, 2009 03:28 PM

Will Adobe PPro CS3 work with Windows 7 64bit

Need Help. I have done a ton of searching in this forum but haven't found an answer yet. I am planning on upgrading from Windows XP Pro to Windows 7 64bit. I am using Premiere Pro CS3. The Question is..... will Adobe PremierePro CS3 work with Windows 7? I apologize if I did something wrong in my searches. I've been at it for about 3 weeks.
Thanks in advance.
Harry

Pete Bauer October 22nd, 2009 03:55 PM

Can't say for sure since I haven't tried it myself, but if you have problems with software on Win 7, supposedly the XP Mode should allow you to use just about anything that ran on native XP (virtualization required).

Graham Hickling October 22nd, 2009 08:02 PM

Premiere CS3 installs OK and seems to work fine in Win7 (64 bit). Presently some users including myself have had problems using CS3 in combination with Cineform - playback from the timeline of CFHD files has been malfunctioning.

Cineform posted a workaround for that problem today: see post #10 here http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform...-playback.html

Because of this glitch I have not so far done any significant rendering-out from CS3 under Win7, so I can't comment on that aspect.

When I ran into the Cineform problems I tried Windows XP virtualization mode, as it did sound promising. Unfortunately it provided only very limited support for my Nvidia GTS250 ... while in virtual mode it installed its own generic graphics card drivers and I couldn't get it to replace those drivers with proper NVidia ones. YMMV on that.

Taky Cheung October 22nd, 2009 08:22 PM

I haven't tried it but I'm sure it will work. You can also right click on the program item, properties, then Compatibility to emulate running in Windows XP with SP3.

Harry Lender October 22nd, 2009 09:11 PM

Thank you everyone for your responses. I am not using Cineform at this time. Maybe at a later time.
I will probably make the switch to Windows 7. Again thanks for all your help.
Harry

Taky Cheung October 23rd, 2009 12:36 AM

Have you try setting the compatibility mode of the setup program? That might fix the installation issue.

Dimitris Mantalias October 23rd, 2009 12:36 AM

Regarding 64bit versions of Windows 7, the truth is that I failed to install CS3 on it. Maybe in 32bit it works just fine, but on 64bit there is a problem with the installer (at least in my case). XP Mode may be the solution but this option doesn't come with every version of Windows 7.

Harry Lender October 23rd, 2009 09:41 AM

Another Question

I am using scenalyzerLive for capture now on WinXP Pro. My Question is: Will scLive work on Window 7Pro 64bit?
Thanks again for you help
Harry Lender

Harm Millaard October 29th, 2009 04:26 PM

Yes, it works.

Steve Pond October 30th, 2009 06:07 PM

I'm running Windows 7 x64 and I have the whole Adobe Master Suite CS4 installed. Of course only Photoshop can run 64-bit, but the installation went smoothly and I haven't experienced any problems yet.

Jun Galinato November 2nd, 2009 02:08 PM

Win 7 Home premium 64 bits with CS3 works!

Paul Kepen April 12th, 2010 10:16 PM

CS3 Production Premium and Win 7 64 bit - no Premiere

I have CS3 Production Premium. It has worked just fine since I purchased it in 2008 on my AMD Athalon X2 dual core pc running Windows XP pro. I recently upgraded to Windows 7 Pro - 64 bit. By upgrade, I should say I did a clean "new" install on a new C; drive. My CS3 and all video editing software is on G: drive. I reinstalled CS3 from the original discs. All seemed to go okay, but in the All Programs list under "Adobe Creative Suite 3 Production Premium" there is no listings for Premiere, After Effects, Encore, or Photshop. I have Adobe Device Central, Extended Scripting, Flash, Illustrator, Soundbooth, etc., but not the main ones that I use. I tired the Adobe site, but couldn't find any helpful info there (its all pumped up on CS5). Anybody else having this problem, or found a solution? I'd sure appreciate hearing from you. Thanks - PK

Ervin Farkas April 12th, 2010 11:34 PM

It should, according to Microsoft...

Windows 7 Compatibility for Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium: Adobe. Drivers, Updates, Downloads

Harry Lender April 13th, 2010 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Kepen (Post 1513524)
I have CS3 Production Premium. It has worked just fine since I purchased it in 2008 on my AMD Athalon X2 dual core pc running Windows XP pro. I recently upgraded to Windows 7 Pro - 64 bit. By upgrade, I should say I did a clean "new" install on a new C; drive. My CS3 and all video editing software is on G: drive. I reinstalled CS3 from the original discs. All seemed to go okay, but in the All Programs list under "Adobe Creative Suite 3 Production Premium" there is no listings for Premiere, After Effects, Encore, or Photshop. I have Adobe Device Central, Extended Scripting, Flash, Illustrator, Soundbooth, etc., but not the main ones that I use. I tired the Adobe site, but couldn't find any helpful info there (its all pumped up on CS5). Anybody else having this problem, or found a solution? I'd sure appreciate hearing from you. Thanks - PK

I did just as you did with a clean install of Windows 7,etc and CS3. However I installed on my "c" drive with no problems. Everything operates great. Nothing missing. Hope this helps.

Harry

Paul Kepen April 14th, 2010 12:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Harry and Ervin. I tried uninstalling the entire CS3 suite and reinstalling. Premier seemed to work, but Photoshop seems to hang up indefinitely while loading. See attached image. I don't know if just reinstalling photoshop again will work or not. I'll give that a try tomorrow night. It seems to hang at the "Starting-up Plug-ins...nik color effex Pro 2.0 Selective...."
Is it just that plug in? Is there away to disable it during start up?
Thanks again guys for your help - PK