CS4 Media Encoder settings? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old November 1st, 2009, 02:42 PM   #1
New Boot

CS4 Media Encoder settings?

I have Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 and I am using a Canon VIXIA HF10 it records video in MPEG AVC/H.264,The camera is set to MPX video.What I don’t understand is when I send a sequence to the Adobe Media Encoder to encode and set to NTSC,740X480,23.976, Progressive, Quality 5, VBR,1Pass. But VBR 1 pass is the only setting in Media Encoder. If I use the Adobe Dynamic Link and Send to Encore I can right click on the sequence and pick Transcode Settings, go to Edit Quality Presets and find other settings such as DV High Quality 7MB VBR 2 Pass. Is there a way to access these settings from Media Encoder? I am very new to this, I thought that VBR 2 Pass would give a better looking video. I am trying to get the best video on DVD from my AVC/H.264 files any help would be great ……… Thanks
Glenn Oberlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2009, 11:00 PM   #2
Regular Crew

If you're encoding your project to SD to be used on a DVD do the following in AME. In the "format" dropdown box select "MPEG2-DVD" Then click the hypertext under "Preset" to access settings. In the "video" tab move the quality slider to 5, make sure TV standard is set to NTSC, set "Frame Rate" to '29.97 drop frame" and "Field Order" to "Lower". Choose the "Aspect Ratio" option that matches your source videos and/or Premiere project (probably widescreen). Set the "Bitrate Encoding" to "VBR, 2 pass", minimum bitrate, target bitrate and maximum bitrate to 8.0 (this is for maximum quality, if you want higher compression so you can fit more on the DVD you may lower the bitrate, but NEVER go over 8 Mbps for export to DVD). If your source videos are HD, use "Maximum Render Quality" option under the menu to the right of the tabs for high quality HD to SD down sampling. Under the audio tab I recommend selecting "Dolby Digital" for the audio format. Click OK and start rendering!
Mitch Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2009, 02:38 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks

Thanks Mitch, I'll give this a try, I'm new to this and there sure is a lot to learn but I have learned a lot just by reading this forum. Thanks again ... Glenn
Glenn Oberlin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite