HV20 and Premiere CS4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 11th, 2010, 03:24 AM   #1
Major Player

HV20 and Premiere CS4

Hi

Trying this forum as I didn't get any response from the Canon HVxx forum:

Just bought an used HV20 to have as second cam to my XH-A1. I imported some clips yesterday into Premiere Pro CS4 with following results:

- Using HV20 25PF mode and importing footage into PPro CS4 on a 1080i/25P sequence a red line above the clips shows that some rendering has to be done.
- Importing 25F clips from/filmed with my XH-A1 to the same sequence does not generate these render lines.
- If I import HV20 25PF clips into a 1080i/50i sequence it does not generate render lines.
- If I use the HV20 to capture 1080i/25F tapes filmed with the XH-A1 no render is necessary.

Question: Do I have to treat 25PF clips from HV20 in another way than 25F clips from an XH-A1?

(I hope this is the right forum for this question)

Regards,

/Bo
Bo Sundvall is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite