Matrox CompressHD H.264 Encoding Accelerator Now Compatible w Axio LE & RT.X2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 19th, 2010, 12:05 PM   #1
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

Matrox CompressHD H.264 Encoding Accelerator Now Compatible w Axio LE & RT.X2

Accelerated HD H.264 Encoding Option Now Available for Matrox Axio LE and RT.X2 Realtime Editing Platforms

Matrox Video Products Group today announced support for the Matrox CompressHD H.264 encoding accelerator card in conjunction with the Matrox Axio LE and RT.X2 realtime editing platforms.

"For the first time, Adobe Premiere Pro editors can combine powerful Matrox realtime editing performance with the new Matrox MAX H.264 encoding acceleration technology to deliver complex timelines in today's most popular formats without rendering," said Chris Yigit, Matrox technical marketing manager. "This potent combination of Matrox products cranks out H.264 deliverables faster than ever before for Blu-ray, YouTube, Flash, various web formats, and mobile devices including iPhone and iPod from various video sources including SD, HD, and RED R3D 2K and 4K files.

Software release 4.2 for the Matrox Axio LE and RT.X2 platforms also provides support for the Windows 7 64-bit operating system and Adobe Premiere Pro and Media Encoder CS4 4.2, as well performance enhancements for AVCHD, AVC-Intra, XDCAM EX, and P2 editing workflows.

Release 4.2 version software for for the Matrox Axio LE and RT.X2 platforms is now available for you to download. Matrox Video - Support - Driver Downloads

Videoguys.com named Matrox CompressHD One of the Top 10 Products of 2009! Click here to read the Videoguys' Top 10 Products of 2009 Article http://tinyurl/videoguystop10

Professional accelerator card for faster than realtime H.264 HD file creation
Matrox CompressHD is designed for professional content creators delivering H.264 files for Blu-ray, the web, and mobile devices, who need a fast, flexible, high quality encoding workhorse. Matrox CompressHD is the first implementation of Matrox MAX technology in an amazingly affordable H.264 accelerator card. It works in systems with or without a video I/O device and extends the life of your current system investment, giving you the power you need to deliver today's premium H.264 formats faster than ever. This low profile, half-length PCIe x1 card fits into Mac Pros, Intel-based Apple Xserve systems, and PCs. Get yourself a Matrox CompressHD card and deliver your projects in a fraction of the time!

* Accelerated encoding of H.264 files, for resolutions ranging from iPod to HD
* Works in systems with or without a video I/O device to enhance your delivery workflow
* Extends the life of your current system investment, giving you the power you need to deliver today's premium H.264 formats faster than ever
* Low profile, half-length PCIe x1 card
* Three-year hardware warranty and complimentary telephone support

Matrox MAX is a unique technology that speeds up H.264 encoding for resolutions ranging from iPod to HD. It uses a dedicated hardware processor to accelerate the creation of H.264 files for Blu-ray, the web, and mobile devices. By using specialized hardware acceleration, jobs are finished with amazing speed and system resources are liberated for other tasks. Quality and flexibility are ensured through direct integration with professional applications such as Adobe Media Encoder and Adobe Premiere Pro on the PC.

Key Features of Matrox MAX Technology for Windows

* Accelerated encoding of H.264 files for Blu-ray, Apple TV, YouTube, Flash, web formats, and mobile devices including iPhone and iPod from various video sources including SD, HD, and RED R3D 2K and 4K files
* A specialized, dedicated hardware processor liberates system resources for other tasks
* Direct integration with Adobe Media Encoder and Adobe Premiere Pro on the PC to simplify workflow
* Creation of Blu-ray H.264 files that can be authored in Adobe Encore CS4 then burned without re-encoding

For more info and great bundle offers with CompressHD and Pioneer BDR-205 Blu-ray burner Videoguys.com - Matrox CompressHD Now Compatible with Axio and RT.X2 Platforms!

Gary
Old January 19th, 2010, 01:43 PM   #2
Major Player

I don't get it?

I mean, does that mean, up until now, i couldn't have installed this card on my computer?
Too bad though....My Matrox approved workstation only had 2 PCIe slots to begin with. One for the RT.X2 card, and one for the video card...

Too bad Matrox didn't make it in a PCI-X configuration. At least i could've kept my computer.
Peter Manojlovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2010, 02:49 PM   #3

yes - until this drive release you could not run the CompressHD card RT.X2 in the same computer.

Gary
Old January 19th, 2010, 03:16 PM   #4
Trustee

You only mention 4.2
Does it also work with 4.2.1?
Will it work with CS5 and if so, when?
Does it support MPE?
Or does CS5 require (as usual) an RT.X3 or whatever it is called new card?
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2010, 03:21 PM   #5

Since CS5 and the Mercury Playback engine do not actually exist outside of the lab, it's impossible to say if the RTX2 will be supporting them. I'm also not sure what the RTX2 would bring to the table if the Mercury playback engine can really do what they are saying it will.

I am confident the MXO2 family of I/O devices will support CS5 and Mercury, but until CS5 ships, who knows.

Gary
Old January 20th, 2010, 07:18 AM   #6
Equal Opportunity Offender

Part of what makes the X.2 so good is that it already harnesses the GPU in the video card to do some of the processing, bypassing the bottleneck of having it all done on the hardware card (from the X.100 days and earlier).

One good thing I would continue to see in the X.2 is the live monitoring of the video, pixel for pixel. That said, I'll be interested to see what Matrox do in the light of all these Mercury developments.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite