Why not Adobe PPCS4 won't work with Win7 Ultimate at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 3rd, 2010, 06:16 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Why not Adobe PPCS4 won't work with Win7 Ultimate

Hi

Can u please explain why Adobe PremierePro CS4 won'r work properly with Windows 7 Ultimate?? Is it because of a "bit" differences?? or for any other reason??

I have freezing problems on time line.. I am using Sony XD EX1 clips on the time line. Sometimes it works up to Dynamic LInk Encore and when it starts encoding, after few seconds it gives an error message "Encode failed"

My computer config: WIN7 Ultimate/ Xeon 2.4 GHz, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia FX3800 Video card with 1GB RAM, C:\ 1TB SASHDD on RAID 5 system, D:\600 GB SAS HDD (not on RAID)

Any thoughts to get it going? Thanks
Old December 5th, 2010, 02:35 PM   #2
Major Player

I don't know what is wrong in your case, but I don't think it is your version of Wiindows. I can verify that CS4 CAN work on Win7 Ultimate x64 just fine. I have never used the 32bit version, but that should work just fine as well. CS5 requires the 64bit version though, and I highly recommend it, even for CS3.
Old December 5th, 2010, 03:44 PM   #3
Major Player

I'm using CS4 & CS5 on a Win 7 with a very similar machine specs as you. I've been doing the encoding in AME prior to sending to Encore (I have been having some issues with dynamic link).
Rob Morse is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite