Cs 5 vs 5.5 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old May 7th, 2011, 08:25 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: Cs 5 vs 5.5

Pluraleyes does indeed sync the footage looking at the wave forms. Ive had lots of success with it. I was told over at the adobe forums that CS5.5 doesnt do what Pluraleyes does, but rather some type of timecode syncing.....whatever that is???
Kelly Huffaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 03:43 PM   #17
Adobe Systems

Yes, you can use timecode to sync up your clips. For example, if your video timecode matched your audio timecode, then you could merge them with that timecode, rather than lining them up manually.
Old May 10th, 2011, 03:49 PM   #18
Inner Circle

In CS5, this doesn't work with m2t clips from a CF card, as from the MRC1k recorder, although it works fine with tape imports. With m2t files from cards, the timecode option is greyed out.

Has this been fixed in CS5.5?
Old May 12th, 2011, 01:31 PM   #19
Regular Crew

I bought PluralEyes a few months ago and have come to depend on it. It is not a cure-all for audio sync. It has been fooled by one of my projects returning junk but it did the job the other 95% of the time where I would have worked hours on it. In addition, it enables synching that an ordinary person cannot do. One of my projects had two cameras running independently on and off during a wedding reception. The DJ's music in the background was all that was needed to synch up various clips where each videographer was working independently of the otherr.

The sync is more than matching up frame-for-frame. It does a sub-frame synchronization for a lot of precision.

On the failed project I probably could have worked with it to get success but that project was so simple that a manual sync was pretty easy to do. It's just that I gave up with the first attempt because I knew that in another ten minutes I would have it manually.

At $150 it was a no-brainer to buy. They have a full-featured trial version you can test it out with.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite