vanishing waveforms at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old July 9th, 2012, 02:52 PM   #1
Major Player

vanishing waveforms

being new to Adobe premiere Pro CS5 I have been trying to follow tips given in expensive Tutorials. Lately I have captured SD video clips into the project panel and have then set up a number of sequences and each sequence contains clips relating to a relevant scene of the video. The idea being to edit each sequence and then save it as a completely edited sequence. The problem is when putting these sequences in the right order on the timeline by clicking onto the sequence icon displayed in the project panel, the picture and sound is there ok but the audio waveforms have vanished making adjusting the volume more difficult. When any of the sequences are placed on the timeline without clicking in the timeline, thern the audio waveforms are there okay, but of course only that sequence is on the timeline. Clicking onto the waveform display feature makes no difference when they have vanished. I hope I have explained the problem correctly and I would welcome advise from anybody.
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 04:23 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: vanishing waveforms

When you nest a sequence into another sequence you need to Render Audio (its under Sequence) to get the waveform.
Hope that is what you are seeking.
Ann Bens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2012, 02:39 PM   #3
Major Player

Thank you Ann. I stand corrected of course, but I am not aware that I was nesting. I simply made seperate sequences and put them in the project panel and then for the final video edit, brought all the sequences on to the timeline to make a DVD. I thought nesting was putting one sequence into another sequence. I could be wrong of course as at the age of 85 I am not very understanding of computer speak. Anyway thank you for your interest and what you suggest has worked ok.
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Alexander View Post
then for the final video edit, brought all the sequences on to the timeline to make a DVD.
That is also called nesting. Glad you have got it working.
Happy editing!
Ann Bens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2012, 01:30 AM   #5
Major Player

ANN. Thanks again for clearing up my confusion about nesting. One more instruction to go into my home built user manual.
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite