AME CS6 won't even start at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 14th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #1
Regular Crew

AME CS6 won't even start

I have an issue where AME won't start on a win7 system, it doesn't even show the startup splashscreen.
It will show up very briefly in the task manager processes and then it just disappears. I have tried the usual remedy (which helped once before with AME 5.5), deleting the AME preferences folder inside the appdata folder, but that doesn't help at all, AME still doesn't start.

I think this has something to do with the 6.0.3 update, AME did work without a problem before I applied the update. Everything else works fine.

Any ideas?
Zoran Vincic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2012, 10:07 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: AME CS6 won't even start

Computer experts will probably have better info, but at first glance it sounds like a bad install of the update, I had something like that happen once before. (Adobe recommends installing updates from Bridge to avoid problems in the installs on the other apps, I notice.)

Perhaps you have a system restore point that is before the 6.0.3 update, and you could go back to that, see if AME works, and then re-do the update with PPro and AME closed, loading from Bridge or direct from Adobe downloads...
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2012, 10:31 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Vaughan View Post
(Adobe recommends installing updates from Bridge to avoid problems in the installs on the other apps, I notice.).
Could you point me to that recommendation (this sounds more like CS5(.5) then CS6).
Old December 15th, 2012, 11:52 AM   #4
Trustee

Ann, trying to locate. I remember the message that popped up when I went to check for updates from my PPro CS6, so it's probably in the Adobe update manager. I never had CS5, so it wasn't there that I saw it.

I had a bad experience with an update on CS4 that ate my entire install, for which I fortunately had a "ghost" drive backup and was able to recover. So I was glad to heed their instruction on this.

I will try to turn it up and will let you know.
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2012, 11:41 PM   #5
Trustee

Ann, I can't find the source on the recommendation to download updates from Bridge. I know I saw it just after I installed CS6, I am thinking it was the update manager. Now have the Application Manager app which has apparently replaced the upload app, and I don't see the message. But I remember clearly that the warning was given. As I said, I once uploaded a batch of updates in CS4 and the proceeded to eat my entire install, so I'm pretty careful now....

Last edited by Battle Vaughan; December 18th, 2012 at 10:00 AM.
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite