Disappearing bins at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old July 1st, 2013, 06:33 PM   #1
New Boot

Disappearing bins

I've seen mentioned that some users have had an effects bin or two disappear upon starting up PP. When I started up today, ALL of my bins were gone, along with the 40 or 50 files (or more) that were in them. The only files I still have are the ones from the bin I was working from, and the bin itself is gone. Only the files themselves are left. Anyone ever hear of anything like this, or have any ideas on what happened? The assets aren't "gone," of course, and I can obviously reconstitute the bins, but what a pain.

I'm using CS6 on Windows 7.

Many thanks,

Doug
Doug Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2013, 10:01 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Disappearing bins

I don't know why it's happening but try opening an auto save of the project. It might still have your bins intact.
Todd Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2013, 04:25 AM   #3
Major Player

If Premiere is acting weird open Premiere with holding down shift+alt until welcome screen. Then clear out Media Cash Database.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 05:24 AM   #4
New Boot

Thanks, Ann. I did this. Is this to prevent this from happening again?
Old July 2nd, 2013, 08:56 AM   #5
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Clark View Post
I don't know why it's happening but try opening an auto save of the project. It might still have your bins intact.
Todd, That folder only has one file in it, and it's not related to this project. I looked in the Adobe Premiere Pro Auto-Save folder. Is there anywhere else I should look?

Thanks.

Doug
Old July 4th, 2013, 10:31 AM   #6
Major Player

Is there a 'go to root folder' symbol (folder with an upward arrow) in the left top of your 'bin-window'?

Sometimes PPro seems to just show the contents of 1 bin. Clicking that button moves you to the bin above the bin. Probably containing all your bins.

What you describe really sounds like PPro is showing you the contents of one bin.
The bins have a structure like folders in Windows or OS, so you can navigate up the hierarchy (or down when you have bins in bins in bins in bins, etcetera).

When all your files have dissapeared from your timelines you have a real problem.
When there are still files in your timeline you can also right-click one of the files that should be in a dissappeared bin and select 'reveal in project'. PPro will show you where it is :-)

No panic!
Just a glitch in the folderstructure...
Old July 7th, 2013, 05:47 AM   #7
New Boot

Walter,

I just saw your response, so thank you. You are dead on! I got this response at the Adobe forum, and it was a huge relief. The Boy Scouts were right: never panic!

Doug
Doug Swift is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite