Ho to nest an "alpha hole" in After FX or Premiere? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old August 24th, 2014, 07:51 AM   #1
Major Player

Ho to nest an "alpha hole" in After FX or Premiere?

Hi,
Idon't know why Adobe doesn't invent a SUPER ALPHA that can be nested in composition (or Sequences in Premiere) up to higher levels KEPPING THE HOLE ! Sometimes is useful to fill the alpha with what is underneath.. but sometimes is not!

For example I need to do in After FX a box in which to put a video later in Premiere. I do the box in COMP1 with a frame and a green placeholder as video, then insert it in COMP2.. Here I move the box around, rotating it in 3D on top of another background ...etc... Then I insert all in COMP3 where I add flares and titles... I render. I import in Premiere and have to key the green placeholder !

If I had a SUPER APLHA (some alpha that keeps the hole when you inserted in another COMP) I could do the same with an alpha hole instead of a green placeholder and color key that goes we lower quality on soft edges.

I know Premiere now allows import of AE Comps directly but this will mean that I have to insert the video in AE every time (where the green placeholder is) while I would like to build a Premiere layer under my animation just once, moving the video (in a sequence) to match the box over it, only once... so every time I just change the video in the sequence and I'm done.

Basically .. is there a way to nest in compositions a HOLE without having this affected by layers underneath ?
Marcello Mazzilli is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite