MPEG 2 Premiere preset exports audio only, not video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 29th, 2015, 08:10 AM   #1
Tourist

MPEG 2 Premiere preset exports audio only, not video

Hello everyone,

I posted the following in the wrong area of the forum a few days ago, so I'm trying again in the hope someone might be able to help please. My system is Windows 8.1 Pro, Adobe Premiere Elements 12

I haven't previously had any problem exporting to MPEG2 for DVD creation footage originally filmed in MPEG4 on mobile phones and digital cameras but, recently, every time I select the usual MPEG2 preset, it proceeds to create the file and confirms successful completion but, when I go to play the file in WMP or Real, there is only audio, no video, so I cannot burn a DVD. All other presets, eg. AVI, work OK. The same thing now happens in all my other video editing programs, Magix, Corel, Sony Video Studio. I thought that each video editing program came with it's own MPEG 2 codecs, so can't understand why this new problem now appears in all my video editing programs. If the codecs are part of Windows, rather than individual editing programs, could it be that some recent Windows update has affected the codec?

I shall be most grateful for any help please. Thanks.

Tony
Anthony Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2015, 04:28 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: MPEG 2 Premiere preset exports audio only, not video

Might need to reinstall Elements.

Or maybe you have installed too many video editing programs.
Old January 31st, 2015, 07:09 AM   #3
Tourist

Ann, thanks for replying, but I subsequently realised this was a stupid question and wish I hadn't posted it. Doesn't seem to be any way of removing it to save future embarrassment. I must have had a senior moment as, after posting, I remembered that neither WMP nor Real Player are designed to play MPEG2 files off the hard disc -they will only play them off the DVD drive. Which was the reason they could play the audio stream, but not the video stream. The export had been successful, and the only problem was that those players could only see the audio stream. So, I downloaded the free MPEG 2 TS Player and I can now play back the video and audio streams of MPEG2 files on hard disc. Doh....
Anthony Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2015, 12:09 PM   #4
Trustee

Actually, Anthony, this kind of post is very valuable, as it gives good information to others who may at some time search the archives here for just such a solution! There are no dumb questions....
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2015, 02:15 PM   #5
Major Player

I dont use Real Player (never liked it) but I do know WMP plays mpeg2.
You might have installed too many NLE's and players and perhaps codecpacks
Your codecs might be a mess.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite