Low Power Graphics Card for PPro CC 2015 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 29th, 2016, 10:35 AM   #1
Major Player

Low Power Graphics Card for PPro CC 2015

I am looking for a graphics card that will help with editing but doesn't need to be high end. Right now I do basic editing but with a integrated Intel card. PPro, Photoshop and AE would like more memory but my desktop only has a 320 watt power supply. Again I just do basic work on this system and just need something more than the integrated. I was looking at the GTX 750 TI but it recommends a 350 watt supply, so I'm not sure if the 320 will be enough. The only things I have on this system is a CD rom and 2 hard drives. It is a core i7 4770 with 12 gigs of ram. If I replace the power supply I void the university warranty, so I'm trying not to do that.

Thanks,
David
David Stoneburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2016, 10:48 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Low Power Graphics Card for PPro CC 2015

Maybe the Nvidia GT 730? Requires 300w power. If you go this route, look for the version with DDR5 memory.

GeForce GT 730 | Specifications | GeForce

Thanks
Old January 29th, 2016, 10:58 AM   #3
Major Player

thanks for the input. Do you know what is the lowest amount of cuda cores that PPro recognizes?
Old January 29th, 2016, 11:16 AM   #4
Major Player

I found a GTX 750 ti that is lower powered and has a short body. I don't have room in the case for a long body due to where they put the ram. So I think it will work well enough for my system.
EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Superclocked 2GB Video Card 02G-P4-3753-KR G-SYNC Support 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 - Newegg.com

Thanks again.
Old January 29th, 2016, 02:01 PM   #5
Major Player

Hi David,

If you enjoy a light read, check this - Adobe Premiere CC 2015 CC 2014 CC CS6 CS5.5 CS5 Video Cards with CUDA Mercury Playback Unlock MPE Hack David Knarr

Explains everything you'd ever want to know about video cards and Premiere...and then some!

Thanks
Old January 29th, 2016, 02:48 PM   #6
Major Player

Thanks that is where I started.
Old July 7th, 2016, 06:55 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Pulera View Post
Hi David,

If you enjoy a light read, check this - Adobe Premiere CC 2015 CC 2014 CC CS6 CS5.5 CS5 Video Cards with CUDA Mercury Playback Unlock MPE Hack David Knarr

Explains everything you'd ever want to know about video cards and Premiere...and then some!

Thanks
Thank you for posting this link. It was very informative and the down load program fixed my GPU issue. I've been using CS5.5 for years and just now discovered the Mercury Playback Engine was never working, even-though I have a Nivida graphics card with the CUDA feature.
Thanks, KPO.
Kevin O'Connor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite