When turning down track volume effect - it starts soft then gets louder, even with an at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old July 10th, 2016, 09:37 AM   #1
Major Player

When turning down track volume effect - it starts soft then gets louder, even with an

I'm working in CC 2015.2 (because CC 2015.3 update caused problems).
I want to make the audio in a particular clip less loud.

So i went to the Effects panel and opened up the default Volume effect.
I made sure the animation button is toggled OFF for Level and brought the level down from zero to about -35 db.

When I playback the clip - it starts out very low, as I would expect -35 db to sound like, but then gradually gets louder.
By the end of the clip, it sounds more or less as it did at 0 db.
There are no key frames in the effect timeline, since as I said - I have animation turned off.
When looking at the levels they seem to be steady at about -50 db throughout the whole clip.
When I render/export the clip - it retains the mysterious fade effect (starts soft and gradually gets louder).

Has anyone experienced this? Am I doing something wrong?
This is my first Premiere Pro project (migrated from Sony Vegas), so I could be missing something.

Thanks
Adi Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2016, 12:51 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: When turning down track volume effect - it starts soft then gets louder, even wit

Something very strange...

So let's say I have two sequences one after the other - sequence A and sequence B.
If I play sequence B with the play head starting within sequence B the audio is fine. It plays with at the appropriate audio level throughout.
However, if I start playback with the play head in sequence A, so that we start with sequence A and then cut to sequence B - then sequence B starts with the audio level extremely low and gradually rises as the sequence continues.
The level meter doesn't seem to reflect this, as far as I can tell.
But it's not just a matter of playback. It actually renders with this strange mysterious fade in effect, although nothing is there.
I have a deadline tomorrow.
If anyone can please help out here, it would be greatly appreciated.
Adi Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2016, 08:15 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: When turning down track volume effect - it starts soft then gets louder, even wit

Make sure the panner isn't enabled!

I never use the effects panel to control the audio level but rather the expanded view on the timeline using the volume control line to fade the audio,
Place two or more key-frames on the line (you can do this by Ctl click on the line) and then you can drag the key-frame up or down.

Hope this helps

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite