DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2006 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/57236-adobe-premiere-premiere-pro-discussions-2006-a.html)

Matt DeJonge May 3rd, 2006 12:35 PM

The only time I see this (in PPro 2.0) is when I am previewing the video while on the Effect Settings tab. If I switch over to the Effects tab, then it clears up. I don't have any fancy hardware like a matrox card or anything, so that's probably why I get studder. Could it be something like this in PPro 1.5?

Peter Ferling May 4th, 2006 07:09 AM

Without knowing all the details, I assumed that you rendered out your project about midway or so, and then reimported the newly rendered files and continued to edit? Did you start a new project? Did you import the newly rendered files into a new sequence? I'm not following you here, so I'll take the shotgun answer approach:

The best performance is to have a seperate drive for your video, and another drive for your audio and effects, and neither of them on your system drive. (Yes, three drives -which is also the case for most editing stuff out there). I usually write my effects/previews to a fast array. (Conformed audio files eat alot of disk space).

As you ramp up the number of edits, sequences, etc, the process will slow-down, especially in cases of low ram, and disk access increases. Another thing to consider is that drive performance will also take a hit when the they fill past the 50% mark, and/or become fragmented.

I've also had issues with some corrupt previews, and simply deleting the preview files and rerendering did the fix.

Ervin Farkas May 4th, 2006 11:51 AM

Marco, check out goodervideo.com, they are selling a software named MotionPerfect (free trial download) that adds additional frames to your footage. Let me know if you test it, I am curious if it works for your needs.

Dan Burnap May 5th, 2006 05:30 PM

Encore wasting space?

I have an Encore project which has a Premiere Pro AVI in it and nothing else. This AVI is about 850MB.

After I set the build off I noticed that a total of 263MB is going to be written to the DVD.

Why doesnt Encore utilise the rest of the DVD's space? The transcoding settings are on auto and the bit rate for the AVI is 8.6.

Surely compressing this AVI down to 260MB is going to degrade it alot, which seems unneccessary when it has over 4GB to use?

Graham Hickling May 6th, 2006 11:14 AM

The DVD specification includes a maximum bitrate for the mpeg2 file (9.8Mbit/sec I believe).

Not all standalone players can play a higher bitrate than that smoothly, even though from a compression point-of-view it should be better quality.

Monte Comeau May 6th, 2006 11:27 PM

How to change DVD write speed in PP2?

I have been trying to find a way to change the write speed of PP2's DVD authoring module. I cannot find a way to do this and it burns the DVD at maximum speed and I get a lot of errors on the outer edge of the disc.

When I just make a ISO file and burn it slow in Nero I get good results. Is there a way to adjust the speed in PP2? I would like to just burn the disc directly from there instead of the extra step.

Mike Wham May 10th, 2006 03:56 PM

Premiere Pro 1.5 Can't find my footage

I have a serious complaint with Premiere Pro 1.5. Inexplicably, every single time I open a project, it makes me manually select every single file it is looking for, even if they are all in the same directory. Why can't it just look in the working directory where they were last time (and still are) and then just load them again, rather than making me click on each and every file. Is this really what PPro was designed to do? Is there a fix/workaround? If not, I may have to consider switching to FCP.

Chris Barcellos May 10th, 2006 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Wham
I have a serious complaint with Premiere Pro 1.5. Inexplicably, every single time I open a project, it makes me manually select every single file it is looking for, even if they are all in the same directory. Why can't it just look in the working directory where they were last time (and still are) and then just load them again, rather than making me click on each and every file. Is this really what PPro was designed to do? Is there a fix/workaround? If not, I may have to consider switching to FCP.

This happens when to me when I move the files to another drive, and even though I may have the project file on the new drive, the Project file tells it to look in the old directory. It would seem to me that if you opened it once and designated all the locations, and then saved it under as a new project name, your problem would be solved. Have you tried that ?

Mike Wham May 10th, 2006 04:59 PM

Believe it or not, I hadn't thought of that. I will give it a try. Thank you.

Tim Bickford May 11th, 2006 04:35 PM

Color Correction via Color Finesse 1.5.4

I have a few general questions regarding color correction.

Q-1) do you get more accuracy from a analog Waveform monitor vs. a software plug in like Color Finesse?

Q-2) Does Premiere Pro-2.0 have built in Waveform monitors and vectorscopes like Color Finesse.

Thanks...

Glenn Chan May 11th, 2006 10:16 PM

1- Yes*.

An analog waveform monitor will be able to monitor the analog levels, where CF can only measure the digital levels. This difference is important, because many devices will incorrectly convert from digital to analog (the majority of DV devices will do things incorrectly, putting digital black level at the wrong analog black level). That applies to NTSC (except Japan), and not PAL.

If you are mastering to a digital format, then analog levels don't really matter. Just make sure the digital levels are correct- CF and Ppro can do that.

2- Yes.

Pat Sherman May 12th, 2006 12:32 AM

Actually you be able to open the project, link all the media and then save the same project. Now so long you don't move anything again it should keep the link information to the media.

Perhaps your project file is corrupt, which then saving as a new one may solve the problem. The other way is create a new project and import your old project file into the new one.. Then save that way..

Pat Sherman May 12th, 2006 01:04 AM

Premiere's a good editor.. If you have Encore let than handle your DVD Encoding needs. But AFAIK Write Speed isn't an option in PPRO2.

Pat Sherman May 12th, 2006 01:06 AM

You would just have to make sure your system could handle realtime playback of 8 video streams + the cutting into the final timeline..:)

J.B. Soler May 12th, 2006 10:03 AM

Upgrading to HD: What video/capture card for PPro 2.0?

Hi everyone!

I have been checking these boards for advise for quite, but only recently I decided to plunge and participate.

I am a multimedia producer, and have been using Adobe Premiere since 1995 (time flies!) Since 2001 I have used a Canopus DV Storm2 capture/editing board, which has allowed me to improve the speed of my SD DV productions. Things started to turn sour when Canopus decided to dump full support for Premiere Pro in favor of their new Edius editing software. Long time, faithful users of Adobe Premiere felt left out to dry. The Canopus DV Storm2 board still works well with PPro 1.5... but they no longer support PPro 2.0.

So now I am getting ready to plunge into HD and HDV with the new PPro 2.0 upgrade, and I am considering replacing my highly reliable yet obsolete DV Storm2 card with a faster, and newer HD-HDV card. I've read about the new generation of boards that work with PPro 2.0, and got very excited. Here are my questions, so maybe some of you fellows can point me in the right direction:
  • HD capture/editing card. As I mentioned, I am very excited about the AJA Xena HS card. I have also read a bit about the Blackmagic Decklink HD card. Which one do you guys recommend? Which one is better for real-time editing in HD-HDV?

• HD and HDV capture: I’m fairly new to HDV (like most), and there’s something I am wondering about the capture process (please disregard my ignorance if this seems too trite). I am used to transferring my footage through Firewire. It’s a very clean and effective process. I’ve noticed that the new generation of HD capture cards do not have a Firewire input. Instead, they use BNC component inputs and an AES/EBU 15-pin D connection. Am I missing something?

• In addition, I will need a new video card, and I am considering one of the new nVidia Quadro cards, so I could work with other applications (e.g.: Magic Bullet) and defer most of the rendering from the software to this hardware card. Should I check the Quadro line or should I check other alternatives that would actually work with my video applications?
Thanks in advance, and I look forward to your advice.