Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2006 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old November 3rd, 2005, 12:06 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Premiere Pro 1.5 – Unlink audio/video – multiple clips

I have a large number of clips on the timeline, which need their audio to be deleted. Currently I right-click every clip individually and then select unlink audio/video. Is there a way to select a group of clips and unlink the audio & video in one go?

Thanks!

Ken
Ken E. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2005, 12:19 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E. Williams
Is there a way to select a group of clips and unlink the audio & video in one go?
1. Press the Alt-key.
2. While the Alt-key is pressed down - marquee select the audio.
3. Let go of the Alt-key and press Delete.

Or,
1. Press the Alt-key.
2. While the Alt-key is pressed down - shift select the audio.
3. Let go of the Alt-key and press delete.

By pressing the Alt-key you temporarily break the link beteween video and audio. :)

/Roger
Roger Averdahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2005, 12:23 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for your fast and helpful response, Roger!
That's a great tip, which will save me a lot of time!
Ken
Ken E. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2005, 11:47 PM   #4
Regular Crew

shot letterbox DVX, but aspect changes in Prem Pro ?

Hello,
why is it that when you shoot letterboxed in DVX, the aspect ratio always changes and 'fattens' out when you do any effects rendering on that clip(s) ? how do I prevent / undo this so that it sticks to the correct aspect ratio in letterbox?

e.g. : when I use video effects like when I Adjust brightness and contrast, that clip that has the effect, will flattens and widens out, changing the aspect ratio, while the black bars stay the same width.

How do I overcome this ?
Old December 6th, 2005, 12:04 AM   #5
Regular Crew

ok, nvm. I found that I have to re-'interpret footage' back to 4:3 for the letterbox to work.

cheers.
Old January 1st, 2006, 07:56 PM   #6
Major Player

Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2006

Is there a way to use 2 monitors on my current video card (1 VGA out/ 1 DVI out) and add a 2nd card to use the DVI only to feed a widescreen tv monitor.

I know that I'm likely to need either a new MoBo or PCI graphics card to do this, but will Premier allow for a 2 monitor stretched desktop and DVI to the TV for real / true pixel per pixel output of the edit monitor?

My goal is to not have to use the Firewire output to my JVC deck for previews on my tv, ideally it's best to get the raw digital output from the graphics card, what I don't want to do is sacrifice the 2nd monitor for the sake of a 16:9 preview monitor.

Miguel
Old January 4th, 2006, 02:50 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Serious Error while Capturing

First off, I am using a the trial version of Premiere Pro 1.5 (hoping to see if it would work for me before laying out a $200 upgrade cost). I logged clips from my 1st tape and captured all clips without a single problem. When I began work on my 2nd tape, I started getting "Serious Errors" which abruptly shut down Premiere. This has now ocurred around a dozen times and caused me to re-start my system 5 or 6 times (thinking that might be part of the problem).

The error occurs when I attempt to change the name of subsequent clips (e.g.: i'll log several clips as "Ketchikan". Then I'll hit a new series and change the name to "Ketchikan - Jeep". When I hit "OK" Premiere crashes.) I don't lose anything but have to rename my project over and over again.

Is this a bug in the trial version that does not occur in the "real" version or in version 1.5.1?

My system is a P4 2.8 Ghz processor with 1 Gb ram and a dedicated video drive and another dedicated media drive where I store my conformed audio. Druing the logging and batch processing I have virtually nothing else running (antivirus is disabled).

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Carl White
Carl White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2006, 09:11 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Question on mixing HD video with std...

Last year I shot a couple tapes worth of video on a cruise with a Sony Trv-340 using wide screen mode. I just recently purchased a replacement for that camera, the sony HDR-HC1. I will be on the same cruise again later this month and plan on using the new camcorder to tape the highlights. Are there any issues I'd need to be aware of in combining the two videos into a single movie. Even though both are 16:9, I understand the image quality will be different given one is HD and the other is not but will PPro handle both videos ok?

Thanks
Carl White
Carl White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2006, 08:48 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Reccommended Settings - Need big help

I'm finally getting into the hardcore editing on my short, and it is my first time with Premiere Pro, so I came to the best place for this question :)

I shot my project at 24p with the 16X9 aspect ratio. So far I have been editing on the "Panasonic 24p" setting. Is this the norm? I'm not used to having so many choices having just come from Premiere 6. I want to make sure I'm starting off on the right foot.

Beyond that, my project will simply be exported to DvD for playback at my school's festival. What are the best export settings for this? I was going to try Encore to make the DvD but can no longer take its bugs, so I moved to Nero Vision.

I burned one test clip at medium quality and I noticed that some of my dolly moves were a bit stuttery on playback on my DVD player - so I'm pretty sure I'm not doing something right.

I guess the big question here is, overall, what settings does everybody else use to obtain the best quality for a film that is about 8 minutes long? There is just a plethora of options, like when using the media encoder all of the 16x9 options are low quality to start, and then I have the option to select either 29.9 or 23.9 fps, etc. etc. Adobe's manual is a joke, so I'm all ears.

Thanks again guys
--Alec--
Alec Lence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2006, 01:20 AM   #10
Major Player

How do I get a Single Preview Monitor without losing Clip Monitor?

I would like an independent display of my timeline monitor as well as of my clip but I can't figure out how. (I know that if I click on Single View I can have an independent timeline monitor but I lose my Clip monitor!)

So how do I have independent timeline & clip monitors active at the same time?
John Hewat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2006, 04:26 PM   #11
Major Player

Posterize Time in PPro?

Anyone used this in production? I've played around with it a little to get the "24p look" but I wasn't too pleased. I was wondering if anyone's actually ued this and what their thoughts on the end result was...
Nick Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2006, 06:50 PM   #12
Regular Crew

486 footage in 480 project

Hi,

I've got a DV project (720x480) open in Premiere that I'd like to import some DVPRO 720x486 footage into. Is this possible? Or do I (can I?) do this through After Effects.

Thanks for any help,

James
James Sidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2006, 09:34 AM   #13
New Boot

Question Re: Transitions

ok, so i'd like to do something that uses multpile fades and double exposures, ala old movies, or something like what coppola did in "tucker: a man and his dream", but i've heard these kind of multi-layered images look like garbage on digital video.

is this true? is it something that only looks bad interlaced, but OK on progressive? let's say i want to cross-fade a clip at full speed with a clip at half speed, or an interlaced clip with a progressive scanned clip. is this even possible?

i'm using premiere pro 1.5, but unless i'm doing something wrong, the de-interlace feature looks awful, particularly if the speed of the clip has been altered.
Benjamin Heneberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2006, 06:13 PM   #14
New Boot

export format for macintosh

Hi All

I use PC based Premiere Pro and have been capturing footage for a client who edits on a mac. He would like the raw files so that he can use them on his computer.

My question is, will a Mac be able to recognise the raw AVI files or should I export the files into something else?

Thanks in advance.
regards
Dean Lomax
Dean Lomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2006, 10:18 AM   #15
Regular Crew

DivX 6.1 and Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5

I put this question out there on the DivX website forum but those people are absolutely worthless.

Anyway, I'm having major problems exporting my DV AVI footage using the DivX 6.1 codec. In fact, when I purchased 5.x a long time ago I never was able to export from Premiere and see anywhere near "watchable" footage.

The video, in most cases, starts out "decent" and then turns into a "blurry distorted trailing mess". That's the only way I can describe how it looks.

I have the DivX Converter so as a workaround, I export my *edited* DV AVI from Premiere back to DV AVI and then convert it with the DivX Converter and it looks amazing. However, I want to eliminate this "should be unneccessary" step.

Has anyone had any luck exporting DivX from Premiere? Can anyone give me any advice?

Thanks,
E
Eric Holloway is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite