Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2006 - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old April 2nd, 2006, 07:28 PM   #46
Inner Circle

Thanks Bob. Its nice to know I am not alone.
Old April 2nd, 2006, 07:40 PM   #47
Inner Circle

Took what you said, and seemed to solve problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hart
I have experienced this also.

I suspect Media Player detects some coding which carries over from the original camera footage and remains embedded which says it is a widescreen image and automatically flattens the image to suit the playback. If the image has been flattened or matte letterboxed, the new image gets flattened as well. If you play back in Quicktime player, it does not seem to happen.

There will be better brains than mine to comment, with hopefully a simple solution, so don't take too much notice of my comments.
Bob:

After thinking about your response, I went to my settings and changed a setting under the video export section to always recompress. I then rerendered the same timeline, and had no such problem in playing new file.
Old April 3rd, 2006, 07:14 AM   #48
Major Player

ASIO drivers and PP 2.0

Hey, jsut got my adobe suite. Been using pro 7 and 1.5

Anyhoo, why does I keep getting an error message, maybe 30 min into a session, that my ASIO driver is in use and the program has switched to a default driveR?>

I aint doing anything :(
Matthew Nayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2006, 08:51 AM   #49
Major Player

Adobe Encoder bug? or user ignorance?

I'm guessing the latter, but still....

I had a crooked horizon in one of my clips so I rotated and zoomed the video a bit until it looked fine. Exported my movie with Adobe Media Encoder to a .WMV. Went to play back the movie and it seems AME exported all the boundaries of the work area, to include the rotated video.

Meaning, I've got black bars above and below the rest of the video and the rotated video looks...well, rotated. What happened??

When I "Export/Movie..." to an .AVI, it works fine. Only when I use AME to anything am I running across this problem. Has anyone else run across this?

Oh, failed to mention, I'm using PPro 2.0.
www.elpilon.com
Edward Slonaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2006, 05:00 PM   #50
Regular Crew

Glad to hear that it is working. Has anyone tried Debug Modes frameserver with premiere pro 2.0 yet?
Old April 6th, 2006, 06:40 PM   #51
Major Player

Premiere 2.0 Mpeg2 encoding out of sync?

I made a short 45 second segment, and I want to export to mpeg2 to burn to dvd, but the audio lags behind the video for some reason. I've done segments in 1.5 and 2.0 before, but only now is it starting to lag. And it's not just this project. I've tried making new projects and they lag too. Exporting to wmv is fine, but mpeg2 is out of sync. Any ideas? I'm so frustrated, I'm just about ready to re-format this machine.
Chris Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2006, 10:08 PM   #52
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harris
I made a short 45 second segment, and I want to export to mpeg2 to burn to dvd, but the audio lags behind the video for some reason. I've done segments in 1.5 and 2.0 before, but only now is it starting to lag. And it's not just this project. I've tried making new projects and they lag too. Exporting to wmv is fine, but mpeg2 is out of sync. Any ideas? I'm so frustrated, I'm just about ready to re-format this machine.
Did you try to export it as a Microsoft AVI and play it back in WMP? If that's good then you can run TMPGenc on it for MPG2 and blow that into your DVD software, it's my typical workflow and has never given me any grief. The encoder in Premier (IMHO) has been buggy since day 1.
Old April 7th, 2006, 02:38 PM   #53
Major Player

Blurry titles in PP 1.5

When I create a rolling title it looks good in the Title Designer, in PP1.5, however it looks blurry even after rendering when viewing in the monitier window. It is also very faint and hard to see.

I need a quick answer on how to get good looking rolling titles even if it means another program.

Thank you,
Bill
Old April 8th, 2006, 02:47 AM   #54
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hamell
I need a quick answer on how to get good looking rolling titles even if it means another program.
Here is one page to start with: http://www.creativecow.net/articles/...les/index.html

Are you using a Matrox card, RT.X10 or RT.X100? The titles never look good and sharp in the Monitor Window in a Matrox project. Render out the movie and look at it in Windows Media Player, does the rolling title look blurry now?

/Roger
Roger Averdahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2006, 05:47 AM   #55
Major Player

Roger,

Thank you for the reply.
I am using a NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model64 Pro video card.
Not the latest and greatest I know, however I suffered a system crash and had to cobble together a system to complete the project.

That was a great page you suggested.
I had found out some of what was there by trail and error.
I managed to get a decent rolling credit by changing the font to Arial and increasing the font size.
I shall read thru it again when I have more time.

Thank you for your help.

Bill
Old April 9th, 2006, 01:15 PM   #56
Major Player

I gave that a shot and it works perfectly. It's kind of weird for me because Premiere's never given me any grief about this before. But I suppose I can get used to this. Thanks a lot for the advice!
Chris Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2006, 02:08 PM   #57
Regular Crew

premiere pro output IRE 0 or IRE 7.5?

When color bars view on my external monitor from premiere what IRE value it shows my monitor, IRE 0 or IRE 7.5? If its IRE 0 then when I export it to DVD will I get same black value which is IRE 0 or IRE 7.5?
Juan Dela Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2006, 11:12 AM   #58
Major Player

Juan,

There is no setup in the digital world, so it depends on your path out to the monitor. Are you going through a DV camera or a Pinnacle-type external box? If so, it's up to that device to add or not add setup.

I have a Pinnacle Movie Box and my Sony PVM-20 monitor status detects that there is 0 setup, strangely enough. I haven't figured out if this is correct or not.

Josh
Joshua Provost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2006, 04:53 PM   #59
Regular Crew

Premiere Pro - Image Matte Key help!

When I select an image for the Image Matte Key, the image is distorted. I have hunted through the manual and online help to no avail. I put up a web page that explains in detail (with pictures). Any help would be extremely appreciated!

http://www.sierratel.com/iisaw/temp/help.html
Eric Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2006, 05:10 PM   #60
Major Player

Eric,

DV is 720 x 480 (only 854 wide in imaginary world when you consider the PAR, but always actually 720 wide). Have you tried a matte of that size?

Josh
Joshua Provost is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite