Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2006 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 28th, 2006, 04:53 AM   #16
Tourist

Export to tape - precise timecode

Hello

Yesterday I wanted to export a 4 minute edit I made to my Canon XL1 camera, from Premiere 6.0.

I connected the cam, and everything worked fine with deck controls and all.

I added colorbars at the beginning of the timeline, 30 sec. and after that 10 sec. of black screen. I really wanted it to export, so the movie started at precisely 00:00:40:00 on my tape.

So I went to Export to tape, and notched the Activate Recording deck and Assemble at timecode. I entered 00:00:00:00. This gave me an error stating the timecode couldn't be found.

Then I tried the default setting of 00:00:10:00 after forwarding the tape a bit. This would mean the movie would start at 00:00:50:00, right?

Wrong. The process started, but it inserted a delay, so the actually recording began at someting like 00:00:12:14. I tried it again a few times, and it was inconsistent in its start delay.

I tried entering a preroll time, but this was just subtracted from the recordstart-time.

The movie start delay, had alway been 0 but also tried to fiddle with it, with no success at all.

Any ideas where I went wrong?

Also, is it possible to render down the timecodes from the timeline during the colorscreen and blank screen, like a countdown or something?

Sincerely
Jesper Johansen
Jesper Johansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 10:39 AM   #17
Trustee

Unable to use High Quality 4 x 3 VBR 2 pass When I Burn to DVD! Help!

I have used up all of my three Dolby trials. Now, however, what I notice is that the Dolby option is combined with the "High Quality 4 X 3 VBR 2 pass" option when burning to DVD. The software won't allow me to use the High Quality 4 X 3 VBR 2 pass option when burning to DVD because the Dolby sound option is combined with it. It only allows me to now use the "High Quality 4 x 3 CBR 1 pass" option or the "Progressive 4 x 3 VBR 2 pass" option.

What can I do to be able to burn to DVD using the High Quality 4 x 3 VBR 2 pass option without the Dolby SurCode? Do I have to forego that option and choose "force variable bit rate" in the next box?

Thanks in advance.
Old January 31st, 2006, 09:22 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Multi-cam camera specs?

Regarding the v2 feature for Multicam editing the Adobe web site says "Easily sync clips based on source timecode".

What specifications for the video camera are needed, please? It is not on the Adobe website and their support is giving me irrelevant information.

I have a Sony HDV camera (model Z1) and am thinking of buying a second, more consumer-oriented camera - almost certainly the Sony HC1. Should these HDV models meet the criterion, please? Or would I have to choose the Sony A1?
Colin Pearce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2006, 08:30 AM   #19
Regular Crew

serious magic - ultra 2

Did anybody use Serious Magic's Ultra 2? How is it?
Are there similar products out in market and which are those?
Victor Burdiladze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2006, 04:54 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Quicktime H.264 Rendering in P 2.0

I am trying to figure out what setting I can a decent render with the h.264 Quicktime codec from Premiere Pro 2.0. I am rendering both from HDV and DV.
Old February 15th, 2006, 09:17 PM   #21
Major Player

MultiCam - Pre render Pro 2.0 ???

I'm running a new Dell Precision 380 with the Intel 955EE chip and the system is fast, realtime performance on most everthing that I do including Magic Bullet 2.0 but that's mostly due to the video graphics card where I went with the 1400 Quadra.

The main issue that I'm having and not sure if this is the best place to toss this out, is rendering a multicam project in the new PPro 2.0

I have a 30 minute wedding that I shot last year which I've opted to re-edit to test the system and 2.0 and what I'm finding is that my super fast mega system of death with the fastest chip on the planet right now is really slow to render out a 2 camera shoot in multicam mode to get it ready to cut.

Is there something that I need to enable to see my system FLY? I'm popping up the task bar and all 4 processors (2 virtual 2 real) are basically idle, the peak power is hitting 7% to render this stuff out and I bought this system because it was supposed to cut my wait times down!!!

So with that said, can someone try to put 2 30 minute clips into PPro 2.0 do a multicam and let me know just how long it takes to render them after you hit play so that you can cut them up. It's taking my system about 4 to 5 minutes to do this.

System Specs:
Dell PW380
Intel 955EE Dual Core
2 Gigs DDR2
NVidia 1400 graphics
160 Gig Boot drive
320 Gig Raid-0 Array

This thing should FLY and it's giving me the impression something is not right.
Old February 16th, 2006, 10:31 AM   #22
Major Player

Pro 2.0 - MultiCam Audio Workaround

Question:

Has anyone figured out a workaround for the Multi-cam feature in Premier Pro 2.0 only allowing the use of either Audio 1 or Audio Follows?

I have a 2 camera wedding shoot where I broke out the main cams audio channels (the cam with the wireless and shotgun) into 2 mono tracks, then allowed the back of church cam to run with onboard audio only on track 3.

This is a fairly complex audio situation where there is a need for many rubberbands of the levels up and down and switching between cams for the optimal audio. Since Pro 2.0 with Multicam locks you into Audio 1, has anyone figured out a workaround or can someone suggest a possible solution which would allow for my rather complex audio needs.

Miguel Lombana
Old February 18th, 2006, 03:38 PM   #23
Regular Crew

MPEG Encoding and AVI Export Issues

The problem: PPro 1.5.1 with AspectHD aborts during MPEG export with the error "Adobe Premiere Pro failed to return a video frame. Cancelling the operation." I reviewed previous posts from last November on this topic and downloaded both the updates that supposedly were going to fix the problem. I also looked for transitions in the area where the export aborted (there were none).

I played back the partially exported m2v file and found the frame where the problem occurred (there didn't appear to be any problems with it). As a test, I deleted the offending clip and re-tried the export. It aborted again - only a bit later. It appears the failure occurs between clips regardless of whether there is a transition effect in place or not.

The system I am running the software on is more than the minimum required (a Pentium 4, 2.8 Ghz processor with 1 Gb ram and a 230 Gb dedicated hard drive). Is there something else I should be looking for to solve this problem or do I scrap the entire project and move to something like Vegas or a Mac PC with Final Cut both of which deal with HD video without plugins?

I though I'd also try a straight AVI export but that also failed with the totally uniformative message: "Error Compiling. Unknown Error".

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/help.

Carl White
Carl White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2006, 11:44 AM   #24
New Boot

Drifting audio; also - copying cc attributes to another project?

OK, I'm trying to save space by posting two questions in same thread:

First of all, we have a 75 min. feature - acquired on an XL-2 in 24p,a., brought into PPro 1.5, and now as we have this monster completely ColorCorrected, and sound effects/foley nearing completion, it not only crashes often but during playback the audio slowly begins to drift out of sync. I am a little concerned, and have been copying progress of the movie to a separate drive set aside for this project.
As we near time for rendering out to DVD I can't help but feel a little apprehensive, anyone have some suggestions or input?

Also; I am wondering if there a way to copy color correction attributes from clips in one project, and paste them to another project version in the same system? We are trying to nail the awesome look that we got on our movie and copy it to our trailer. Thanks for any help and input.
jrs
Old February 25th, 2006, 11:36 AM   #25
Major Player

Premiere Reboots HP Media Center PC

Hi folks. My partner has been trying to install the try-outs of Premiere Pro and Premiere Elements on his new HP Media Center PC. It's based on a beefy 2.8 GHz Dual Processor Pentium 930 processor, so it should be a good performer. However, problem is, the darn thing reboots after either version of Premiere opens.

I've looked at the Adobe forums and it appears to be a common problem with these latest HP machines. A few tips have been suggested, which we are investigating, but has anyone here had the same problem, and if so, were you able to fix it and how?
Earl Thurston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2006, 05:08 PM   #26
Regular Crew

Telecine edit on Adobe

Hey guys,
This might be a dumb question, but I've never tried this before and I have a film to edit next week, I was wondering if you had your film transfered to digital (to something like a minidv) if it was possible for you to transfer it to Adobe Preimere Pro and edit it on that. The thing that I am curious about is the whole 24 frames thing. Anyways, thanks for your time and help, I really appriciate it!
Old February 27th, 2006, 11:11 AM   #27
Regular Crew

Out point off by one frame

Hey everbody,

I've got an annoying little problem. When ever I set an out point on the time line it's off by +1 frame. Anybody else hve this problem?

Thanks,

James
James Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2006, 03:50 AM   #28
New Boot

Premiere 1.5.1 BAD ERROR

Hi Guys

A decision was taken that my editing machine needed extra hard drives to mirror my capture drive in case any of my drives failed and I lost work, and you can guess what happened .....
In the process of copying the data from the original drive to the new drives the machine crashed "for whatever reason" and when it came back it reported both drives were corrupted. It then set about automatically repairing the indexes. The result is as follows:

1. Videos which were on an external drive and untouched work fine. They play in media player classic and premiere 1.5.1 2. Videos copied from the mirrored "D" drive give an error message when attempting to play(*see bottom of email*). When Premiere attempts to open projects with videos in this drive in it says the project is corrupt.
3. Videos copied from the mirrored "E" drive play audio only in both Premiere and MPC, although a couple play correctly with video as well

The error message from MPC is

Warning Media Player Classic could not render some of the pins in the graph, yuo may not have the needed codecs or filters installed in the system.
The following pin(s) failed to find a connectable filter.

D:\captured\warmup_gail.avi::Output

Media Type 0:
--------------------------
AM_MEDIA_TYPE: (Unknown)
majortype: MEDIATYPE_Stream {E436EB83-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770}
subtype: MEDIASUBTYPE_None {E436EB8E-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770}
formattype: TIME_FORMAT_NONE {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
bFixedSizeSamples: 1
bTemporalCompression: 0
lSampleSize: 1
cbFormat: 0

Media Type 1:
--------------------------
AM_MEDIA_TYPE: (Unknown)
majortype: MEDIATYPE_Stream {E436EB83-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770}
subtype: TIME_FORMAT_NONE {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
formattype: TIME_FORMAT_NONE {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
bFixedSizeSamples: 1
bTemporalCompression: 0
lSampleSize: 1
cbFormat: 0

All videos were originally captured together under the same Premiere HD settings, although I did have Cineform Aspect HD on the system originally which I have now installed on the rebuilt system but it has made no difference.
All the files still report their original file size.

Is this an un-resolvable problem or does one of you have a trick up their sleeve that just might work. Any advice appreciated - I'm bald enough already .....

Thanks
Ben
Old February 28th, 2006, 09:57 PM   #29
Regular Crew

Export Error when exporting to HD footage

I've been looking around everywhere but can't seem to find an answer to this problem. I upgraded to Premiere Pro 2 and made my first project from my FX1's HD footage (all mpeg format). Whenever I go to either export WM9 1080 60i or Mpeg2 1080 60i 15mbps, halfway through the 1st pass (out of 2), it stops and gives a dialog box that says simply "Export Error". There is no text in the box, no information whatsoever, just an "OK" button that cancels the export.

I have no idea how to fix this and apparantly it doesn't exist on Adobe's site. Anyone have any ideas?
Old March 1st, 2006, 01:16 PM   #30
Regular Crew

TARGA 3000 & Premiere 6.5

Hi,

I need to talk (write) to people that still uses a TARGA 3000 with Premiere 6.5

My major questions are about MPEG-I frame capture / editing.

Someone there ?

Carlos
Carlos Manuel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite