Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2006 - Page 8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old May 1st, 2006, 12:35 PM   #106
Major Player

More than 4 in Multicam?

I've been thinking that if I do a music video where the entire video is just of the band playing in one location with no narrative, I'd film the band playing their song through 10 or 12 times from a different angle and cut from those to make a music in the end. If I could use more than four video tracks in the multi-cam mode, this could make editing that type of music video as easy as watch-and-click...Is there any way to do that though? Taking more than 4 angles, watching each of them in a separate monitor and clicking on each monitor to switch angles?
Aviv Hallale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2006, 03:22 PM   #107
Trustee

You can do the main four. Then add it footage from the next three, then the next three, etc.

If you look closely, you will probably find that there are only a few shots outside of your favorite four that you really want to use. Get the major cuts done, then add in the other footage.

Of course, remember to take the time to submit a feature request to Adobe to add more camera angles. They might listen.
Old May 1st, 2006, 04:12 PM   #108
Major Player

It would be a good feature, I think. You'd be able to have something edited in a fraction of the time it takes to manually take each clip and cut it.

I'm thinking that there'd be shots from the less frequent angles I'd want to splice in between stuff from the main four...It would be good to edit everything in order. For instance, I might have only one shot from the second batch of multicam shots I'd like to be with the primary batch.
Aviv Hallale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2006, 08:09 PM   #109
New Boot

easiest way to alter a voice

using PP1.5, to edit a PRACTICE short. and I dont have much experience with altering/sweetening sound. So that being said, I would like to alter some kids voices when they become zombies. Being that this project is just for practice, I am trying to not spend anymore money to complete it. So what is the easiest way to give there vocies that deep/scary sound? Within the audio effects that come with PP1.5, Ive used the pitchshifter filter and that sounds okay. Is there another filter I could use, or another one to apply with pitchshifter? Is there other (free) software that could do the trick? Or if I need to pay, what other software out there is easy to use/learn?

wheres a good place to buy/get sound effects to emphasize certain scenes
thanks
ruben
Ruben Mendez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2006, 09:20 PM   #110
New Boot

No one has responded to this problem I am still having, plese help me out if you have any ideas
Robert Holley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2006, 05:25 AM   #111
New Boot

Problems with Device Control in Premiere Pro 1.5

Hullo!
Just when I've started to post-process my first digital movie, problems started to pour in. You may not find this problem as annoying as it is to me, but here goes :

My camera is uncontrollable from the PC in Adobe Premiere 1.5. The timestamp does update when I'm rewinding or forwarding, but buttons like play, forward, stop are inactive and do nothing. I tried changing the options, but nothing works.
The weird thing is that the device control works in all the other programs, including Windows Movie Maker or WinDV.

Has anybody got a clue? I'd be thankful for any response.
-X
Daniel Kozar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2006, 01:45 PM   #112
Wrangler

Hi daniel,

Have you set the device control in Premiere. Generally generic DV should do, if your camera is not on the list. If movie maker and other Dv controlled software can detect it OKthen Premiere should be fine also.

What camera are you using?

What settings/ configurations have you tried?

Cheers,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Ed Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2006, 01:56 PM   #113
Trustee

Perhaps nobody responded because you never said which software you are using, or what kind of footage, or what size the frame is (widescreen or 4:3), or if the problem happens when you skip using the Matrox, or if you upgraded the Matrox drivers to match your version of software?
Old May 2nd, 2006, 02:00 PM   #114
Trustee

My audio page has links to lots of free sound effects. Start with FindSounds.

Try applying a little echo, some noise, stuff like that.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 02:45 PM   #115
Regular Crew

Problem when slowing down

As you can see, the problem starts when slowing down.
I only make it 80% and the picture starts to get some stroby effect. Even if I deinterlace it in Premiere, I again get this annoying efect.
On TV it looks like I the interlacing is going slow. (well it is, but I worked on lots of cheaper and worse editing softwares which could make slow-mo better.)
I read that Premiere is not so good with slow-mo, but it's hard for me to give up on Premiere,
because I used it so much, so wanted to see how you guys handle this.

Any advice more than welcome...
Old May 2nd, 2006, 03:30 PM   #116
Regular Crew

OK, after reading some old posts, realized it's a known weakness and that possible solutions are 3rd party plugins or going to AfterEffects which does it better.

My question is how you do it in AE.
Not meaning what's the procedure, but for example a wedding 'walk in the park' intro.
Do you take all the footage into AE, slow it down and then edit in Premiere, or do you do the editing in AE.
Because I'm much slower in AE so, want to know if I practice will it make it faster or it's just the way it is?

Last edited by Marko Urbic; May 3rd, 2006 at 06:04 AM.
Marko Urbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2006, 05:04 PM   #117
Regular Crew

so capture setting should be 25p with widescreen 720x576 1.422 is the way ?

and there shouldnt be any manual setting like 960x576 ... is it ?

alkim.
Alkim Un is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 07:39 AM   #118
Major Player

check out www.goldwave.com there is a free trial download, that is limited by the amount of actions per session. I believe it has a mechanize filter and some others that may do what you want.
Bill Mecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 12:16 PM   #119
Regular Crew

boggy editing

I edit with Premiere 1.5 on both a laptop and a desktop and keep all my files on a Lacie 250gig external. Since I switch back and forth between computers I set my preview files and conformed audio files to Same As Project, so everything is on the external. Because I've rendered then changed then rendered a lot, I thought I could save some space by deleting all my preview files and doing an almost final render. However, ever since I did that both my desktop and laptop are boggy, like it takes a second to catch up every time I click to do anything, which is really annoying. I'm almost done, but has anyone experienced this who knows a cure? What if I just stick to my desktop and change my Premiere settings to save the preview files and conformed audio to the desktop hard drive and keep all my video files on the external, then let it reconform all audio and rerender it? Think that would help? I may give it a try, but just wanted to see if anyone has been through this.
Jeff Cottrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 12:33 PM   #120
Regular Crew

I happen to use n-Track Studio (http://www.fasoft.com/) for everything that my sound engineer doesn't do (he uses Cubase SX). I like n-Track, even though the interface can be kludgy...
Matt DeJonge is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite