Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2006 - Page 11 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old May 23rd, 2006, 09:47 AM   #151
Inner Circle

Your computer's specs is better than the one I use. And I have never experienced a single drop out during capture. (I use Premiere Pro 2.0)
So I'm sure your computer is good enough.

Do you run any other software at the same time as you capture?
This might cause drop outs.
Also check if your harddrive needs defragmentation.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 12:03 PM   #152
Trustee

Have you ever captured anything else with that setup? DV or analog stuff?

Dirty heads also may cause that, but I am not sure of that.

Are the capture parameters correctly setup?

Why don't you use the camera as a converter and input some DVD stuff through it?
Carlos E. Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 12:32 PM   #153
Regular Crew

Hi,

I don't know if this will work in PPro 2.0, but here's how I got Hollywood FX 5 to work in PPro 1.5:

After installing Hollywood FX, go to C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Hollywood FX 5\Host Plugins\Edition and copy the file HfxEdt5.vfx to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Premiere Pro 1.5\Plug-ins\en_US and rename it HfxEdt5.prm.

Repeat this for the file C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Hollywood FX 5\Host Plugins\EditionFilter\Fl-HfxEdt5.vfx.

If you have Hollywood FX 6, I think you are out of luck

Hope this helps
Yossi Margolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 02:27 PM   #154
New Boot

I could find the .vfx file, but not the .prm. Do you rename the .vfx file? I have hollywood FX 5.x
Ryan Mellish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 02:42 PM   #155
Regular Crew

change the .vfx extension to .prm
Yossi Margolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 02:59 PM   #156
Major Player

How do they do it?

Maybe I'm missing something, but when I go to www.quicktime.com and play back movie trailers, they look magnificent and stream really fast.

Is there some 'magic' software I'm needing to get my videos to stream that quickly and look that good, or can I do that right out of Premiere Pro?

I know most trailers were shot on film, and that makes a difference, but with HDV/Z1U stuff, I should be able to make something come out looking close.

Anyone have some suggestions?

Thanks,

Jim
James Huenergardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 04:03 PM   #157
New Boot

No, it was the first thing I have ever went to capture. Also the hard drive was just setup with Windows XP Pro with only Premiere, Photoshop, and Adobe After Effects. That's all.

I closed all the programs I was using besides Premiere before I went to capture. So I don't know.

So it could be the camera?

How would I set up the capture parameters correctly? Because the video shows up in the capture screen, and I can rewind and fast forward fine.

Well I'll try my friend's camera first and see if that works.

Also I'm sorry, I'm pretty new at this stuff.
Matt Throop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 04:54 PM   #158
Trustee

if you go to www.windowsmedia.com/Mediaguide/Movies and look at some of the movie trailers, you'll see that they stream really fast, and that they look really good.

in fact, any internet video clip can look good, if you throw enough bandwidth at it, and serve it up on real streaming media servers.

i do it with the canopus procoder, but you should be able to get great results with the free windows media encoder... premiere pro should have similar capability... just make sure to always use two-pass encoding, with the latest codecs... windows media 9, or flash 8(the on2 codec).
Dan Euritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2006, 07:38 AM   #159
Tourist

Workflow advice - Premiere /AE

Beginner Editor looking to dig into AE..

I am getting well versed in the Premiere Pro 1.5 workflow. Have been editing a number of short clips, fashion shows, etc. Nothing too fancy, but I really want to start incorporating some AE effects and begin expanding my skills.

Regarding workflow...

Lets say I have a 5 minute video and I just need to add effect to a couple clips. Do I do a complete PP edit and clip out those few moments needing to go into AE and then re-import the AE finished work and re-add them to the PP timeline? or... Do I edit the entire video and import the entire thing into AE and work on just those couple moments and then export directly from AE?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Bryan
Bryan Leighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2006, 09:08 AM   #160
Regular Crew

Bryan, by the way, the new Adobe Production Studio with Dynamic Link makes this problem obsolete, but apparently that makes two of us who don't have it.

Since your video is so short (5 min) it's more a matter of personal preference than anything that will save you time. In this case, I would do the full five-minute edit, then export the whole project into AE, then keyframe the effects. As long as you export with a lossless codec (like Huffy), or uncompressed, you won't lose any quality. If it were a 60-minute project I would just export the clips, do the effects, then re-import them into the Premiere timeline.

Hope that helps.
Jeff Cottrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2006, 09:39 PM   #161
2nd Unit TV

Lost Audio in Premiere

We're having an issue that apparently Adobe hasn'r seen before. When importing a project into 2.0 from 1.5 running Matrox with the upgraded drivers installed, naturally we're losing transitions. But, replacing the transitions, re-rendering and playing out the projest works fine...until we sabve it and try and reopen it. When we do, the audio files are still attached but blank; I mean no sound at all. Has anyone experienced this problem and if so, is there a solution?
Thanks.
Jonathan Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2006, 10:02 AM   #162
Regular Crew

Almost sounds like the audio isn't conforming properly. Have you tried to hold the Shift key down while loading the project? You have to hold it when you click the Premiere icon to load the app, then hold it all the way through the loading of your project as I recall. I think that this re-inits all the chache files. That may help.
Matt DeJonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2006, 03:17 PM   #163
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt DeJonge
Almost sounds like the audio isn't conforming properly. Have you tried to hold the Shift key down while loading the project? You have to hold it when you click the Premiere icon to load the app, then hold it all the way through the loading of your project as I recall. I think that this re-inits all the chache files. That may help.
I was about to say the same thing, when I've had this happen it was because I started to work on the project before the conform process was done. While you're importing footage and it's conforming, don't do ANYTHING to the system, let Premier finish, then check back with us and let us know.
Old May 25th, 2006, 04:05 PM   #164
2nd Unit TV

The Premiere systems we're using is last year's SD Matrox system with 1.5 on it that we installed 2.0 on with the new Matrox drivers. It has one last hour-long show on which was done in 1.5 which now is in 2.0 and that's were the problems started. That being said, we have had NLE working on the problem all day and both of you are correct; it's not re-conforming the files. Thye're in the middle of changing the linking aspects of the files right now on 198 files and when that's finished I'll ask them about the Shift key.
Jonathan Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2006, 06:08 PM   #165
Regular Crew

Pixelated in 1.5 but fine in 6.5

Some AVI files, not all are terribly pixelated in 1.5 but read fine in 6.5. Same computer, with default settings on both versions, any ideas on what might be happening?
Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite