Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2006 - Page 20 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old July 21st, 2006, 07:53 AM   #286
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rosales
I figure upgrading to a 3.0GHz processor with DDR ram would greatly increase the performance of Photoshop with bigger filmstrip files?

What do you guys think I should/could do to improve performance, other than exporting small clips at a time. That would get too tedious.
Upgrading to a 3.0 processor will very much so boost performance. However, there may be other things that you can do without paying much money.

If your hard drive is full or near full or even 3/4ths full, delete a lot of unused large media files and useless other junk. I suggest you download CCleaner and use it, search it on Google. Or you could back up all your unused but needed files on DVDs like I do to free up space on the drive. Alternatively, you could buy an external hard drive.

512 MB of Ram is the same amount I use, but I have never used filmstrip in Photoshop CS2, because I only have 6.0; but I am guessing the over 1000 frames problem is a memory issue perhaps because filmstrip might manage video or frames inefficiently. I have been thinking about buying another 512 stick of Ram, one gig of Ram is almost standard these days with new programs. It can cost you around $40-$50 CAD.

I am sure you already know about defragging and spyware scanning, so try those as well. I don't know about the 24p problem but hopefully the performance tips might help.

Justin
Justin Tomchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2006, 08:09 AM   #287
Regular Crew

AVCHD and Premiere Pro 2

Greetings

Can Premiere Pro 2 edit AVCHD format? Any suggestions/hints?

I'm contemplating the new Sony AVCHD HD hard-disk camcorder but would only go down that road if the files could be transfered/edited in Premiere Pro 2.

Thanks
JohnG
Old July 21st, 2006, 10:36 AM   #288
New Boot

Premiere Pro 2 backwards compatibility

Hi all,

I am trying to open a Premiere Pro 2.0 project file in Premiere Pro 1.5 and it just says that the file is damaged or that something is missing in the file. I am wondering if there is any way for my friend to change something in Premiere Pro 2.0 so that it will work with 1.5.

Thanks,
Nathaniel
Old July 21st, 2006, 03:03 PM   #289
Trustee

No, Premiere Pro 2.0 projects cannot be opened in previous versions of Premiere.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2006, 03:12 PM   #290
Trustee

Panasonic and Sony only just began licensing the format July 13. While Adobe has expressed support for the format, it is highly doubtful that Premiere Pro 2.0 can edit the format.

Last edited by Christopher Lefchik; July 21st, 2006 at 09:44 PM.
Old July 21st, 2006, 04:40 PM   #291
Regular Crew

PP 2.0 Render engine problems

Hey everyone,

Im just about to throw the computer out the window....I recently shot a local HS graduation with 4 cameras, and i've done the mutlicam editing of the shoot (length of 1.5 hrs)

I'm trying to add logos in .psd format for the school and a local sponsor before and after the ceremony.

Now all the video play and export fine, including the multi-edit, however the second i try to render the still images, the system bogs down horribly - 4 hours to render 120-130 frames!!!!! and i've got about 2-3min total time made up of .psd files in the video, so you can see my frustration.

here are my system stats:
WinXP Pro SP2
PP2.0 upgrade version
Asus P4P800SE motherboard
Intel P4 3.2E Prescott 800mhz FSB
2GB RAM
200 GB system drive
800 GB video drive in RAID 5 config
Radeon 9600PRO 256MB Videocard

I've never had issues with PP1.0 with regards to rendering....what is going on here?!?!?!?!

HELP!!!!!!
~Mike
Mike Rinkunas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2006, 06:10 PM   #292
Trustee

Streaming with QuickTime Alternates is designed to have two or more QuickTime movies at different datarates with a text file that describes them. The QuickTime Player loads the text file (which usually also has a .mov extension) and then chooses the QuickTime movie it deems best for the Internet connection the client computer has. The 1KB file you are getting is this text file.

To be clear, using alternates will not give you a “better” movie than the regular QuickTime preset. The Alternates preset will simply give you a bunch of QuickTime movies at different datarates, with the text file that describes and links to them.

To get the alternate movies, you will need to select a folder under Alternates > Target Path. Click the Browse button and choose a folder for Premiere to render the alternate movies into.
Old July 21st, 2006, 06:28 PM   #293
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Rinkunas
Hey everyone,

Im just about to throw the computer out the window....I recently shot a local HS graduation with 4 cameras, and i've done the mutlicam editing of the shoot (length of 1.5 hrs)

I'm trying to add logos in .psd format for the school and a local sponsor before and after the ceremony.

Now all the video play and export fine, including the multi-edit, however the second i try to render the still images, the system bogs down horribly - 4 hours to render 120-130 frames!!!!! and i've got about 2-3min total time made up of .psd files in the video, so you can see my frustration.

here are my system stats:
WinXP Pro SP2
PP2.0 upgrade version
Asus P4P800SE motherboard
Intel P4 3.2E Prescott 800mhz FSB
2GB RAM
200 GB system drive
800 GB video drive in RAID 5 config
Radeon 9600PRO 256MB Videocard

I've never had issues with PP1.0 with regards to rendering....what is going on here?!?!?!?!

HELP!!!!!!
~Mike
Mike:

What resoluition are the files that you are porting in. Try reducing their size, otherwise, I'm the program will likely have to render the same large file to a small frame for each frame. I had the same problem when I used high resolution 8 megapixel files. I think there is another issue involving a designation of the photo or image for video use. I will try to find it....
Old July 22nd, 2006, 08:21 AM   #294
Regular Crew

chris,

I'll try re-sizing the images, but i've worked with these same graphics on a previous project in PP1.0 and there were no issues. So i hadn't even considered this as a possible problem.
Old July 22nd, 2006, 08:29 AM   #295
Regular Crew

chris & all....

i just want to check myself here....for rendering video images, the main CPU handles this activity, correct? Could this be a hyperthreading issue?

~MIke
Old July 22nd, 2006, 11:38 AM   #296
New Boot

To bad. Thanks for the information.

Nathaniel
Old July 23rd, 2006, 12:01 AM   #297
Major Player

Thanks Justin, I'll do a search for CCleaner tomorrow.

Yeah, the whole filmstrip issue doesn't seem to be very feasible right now. Great feature, but it might even be too much for even the top of the line PC.
Roger Rosales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2006, 09:34 PM   #298
Major Player

hmm. Guess that explains where those .mov files that I never opened but only deleted on c:\ came from...thanks for the info. Thought I was going crazy or something.

Matt
Matt Vanecek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2006, 09:35 PM   #299
Regular Crew

importing hi8 analog footage to premiere pro 2.0

i was wondering if there was anyway to get analog footage onto my comp and then into adobe premiere pro 2.0 from my old sony hi8?

-Jack
Jack Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2006, 10:22 PM   #300
Inner Circle

Best way is to use a Sony Digital 8 camera. Most will actually play Hi8 and digitize throught firewire to the computer just as if it is a DV tape.

You can also buy cards, PCI or USB that will convert out the camera. Be sure the one you buy is converting to a high quality codec, like DV. I think you lose something if you transfer to an .mpg file.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite