Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2006 - Page 22 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old August 1st, 2006, 02:02 PM   #316
Regular Crew

Titles speed by too quickly

after i render something the titles will spped by too quickly and mess up the audio sync. anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
Jack Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2006, 02:23 PM   #317
Inner Circle

Right click on the title in the timeline, then go to speed/duration and set it where you want it. Make sure video and audio are linked.
Old August 1st, 2006, 02:58 PM   #318
Regular Crew

it runs smoothly in the prject window however after i render the titles speed through extremely fast, its weird.
Jack Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2006, 05:34 PM   #319
Regular Crew

Black Bars on left/right video

Hello all,

I have black bars on the left and right of my video (it is caused by Canon's XL1 camera). My question is, how can I get rid of the bars?

I need to give the video to another person to edit and they are complaining that my video has bars on it...what can I do?

Are there any work arounds within Premiere Pro 1.0? I am hoping to correct this in a hurry.

Cheers, Jon
Jon Pavli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2006, 06:14 PM   #320
Major Player

You could either increase the scale until the bars are gone (but lose some picture on the top and bottom), or you could uncheck the "keep aspect ratio" box and stretch the picture to fill the screen.
Chris Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2006, 09:23 PM   #321
Regular Crew

Chris,

Thanks for the tip and suggestion...I will see what I can do about the video.

Cheers, Jon
Jon Pavli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2006, 06:03 AM   #322
Regular Crew

Where's my audio monitor?

Crikey!

My audio mixer has vanished, and won't appear onscreen. This is even after I've clicked on it under the Window menu.

Any suggestions?
James Lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2006, 09:36 AM   #323
Regular Crew

Never mind I got it back.

I just opened up an old project, and saves it with a new name after importing all the required files. Might not be the best way to do it, but it was the only way that worked.

:)
James Lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2006, 09:49 AM   #324
New Boot

Perspective get choppy

Hi guys, i've seem to run into a bit of a problem while editing.

When i bring in psd image with transparency into my video, and apply some perspective effect in it, I notice that the perspective animation of the image is noticeably choppy, makes it look like its going at 10 fps, while the other stuff in the video is fine.

This is in the exported DV avi video, not in any compressed format.

Any insights?
Jim Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 12:31 AM   #325
Regular Crew

Transcoding Error message or Can't Compile Movie message

I have a project of 75 minutes without much effects or transitions.While burning to DVD, it shows the transcoding error on about 25% of encoding.
A week ago I did the project of 65 minutes and it all went perfect.
Now this error message appears.I also cannot export the projects as a file:"can't complie movie" appears.
But:I split the project into two parts (30 mins and 45 mins) and burned them separately on different one-sided dvd disks. But this is not a solution as it needs to be on one disk as a normal movie.Has anybody had the same problem?
Denis Potasnikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 03:08 PM   #326
Trustee

Next time just go back to the default workspace.
Old August 13th, 2006, 11:07 AM   #327
Inner Circle

Quicktime Output from

I trying to render a Quicktime file from a HDV 1080i project (for posting in DVChallenge). I wanted two levels for my 3 minute film. One about 25 megs and one around 100 mgs. So far, I have rendered and come up with nothing but a 2kb file after a render of a couple of hours. That tells me I am trying to render to something that the QT encoder won't work with. Anybody got some sure fire setting, including what actual encoder to use (Sorenson, Sorenson 3, or what, size, etc.) I do have QuicktimePro, as alternative, but seem to have similar problems. In that case I rendered to an intermediate (Cineform) avi file, and tried export after opening in QT, but it did not work either.

Thanks in advance.
Old August 14th, 2006, 06:34 AM   #328
Regular Crew

Widescreen to standard conversion

Hello all, I have a project that was shot in two different formats. One is widescreen and the other standard. When I import the widescreen as standard I lose image quality, ditto when I import as widescreen and then pull it into my standard project. Does anyone have an idea how to keep the picture sharp when doing this? Are there any settings I could use?

thanks
Janice DeMille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2006, 05:15 PM   #329
New Boot

Getting movement on stills and a film look?

1. In Premiere Pro 1.5, what standard effect looks most like a film look? I can't find it.

2. I was watching ABC World News Tonight and they do a lot of stills, but add just a little bit of motion to the picture to give it a nice effect. I tried using the motion effect in the Fixed Effect Control and it works, but it's just a bit jittery in the preview window. How can I get it seamless and smooth?
Michael Littlejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 08:54 AM   #330
Major Player

Michael,

To make things a bit smoother try lengthening the time of the still image in your timeline. (i.e. 10 to 15 seconds.). Have your pans move across the entire length of the image. If you have a gradual pan from (say left to right) try stoping the pan a few seconds before the image reaches then end of time. I sometimes start zoomed in - then slowing zoom out. Again... if the image is short on the timeline (i.e. couple of seconds) your pans and zooms are going to be very fast.

Take a look at some of Ken Burns stuff (i.e. Civil War, Baseball). He is the master at working with stills. You will need a higher resolution image to get good quality zooms.

As for the film look... are trying to get finished video of stills to look like old used film (i.e. scrathes and dust) or are you attempting to get a cinematic look?

I am not aware of any way (in P-Pro 1.5) to get the scrathes and dust look unless you use a plugin (i.e. Magic Bullet). Perhaps P-Pro-2.0 has something.

Hope that helps..

Tim

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite