Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2006 - Page 25 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old August 31st, 2006, 03:00 PM   #361
Major Player

I tried that but there are still problems. It seems to play in fast forward and the audio is missing?

EDIT: It also imports really fast!?
Old September 1st, 2006, 06:10 AM   #362
Inner Circle

Well, it works for me... but I did hear others having this complaint and it is usually caused by software problems - most often people who experience this issue, have all sorts of codecs installed on their computer; those codecs start working against each other so you need to unistall them.

I don't have numbers, but from what I remember the conforming speed was nothing out of the ordinary.
Old September 2nd, 2006, 03:47 PM   #363
Major Player

Matching Colour For Compositng?

I'm working on a little short using a 3-point lighting system, a wide-shot and a cloning composite effect.

I was playing two characters and needed to change wardrobe and makeup drastically for the second. Fired up the lights, recorded the wide angle for the one character, turned off the lights and camera leaving everything in place and went to change. Half an hour later I came back and I think I might have brushed past a barn-door just enough to move it a tad because there is now a slight, slight difference in colour between the two shots and I think it will effect the composite...Is Colour Match in Premiere the only hope I have at trying to match the two?
Aviv Hallale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2006, 11:23 AM   #364
Regular Crew

encoding failed

I went back to an old project to fix acouple things. I fixed every thing fine and when i tryed to export it into the file format i have always used, it gives me the error message: encoding failed. I am trying to encode it into wmv9, pretty normal settings, but it seems to happen no matter what settings i use. For now i am just encoding it into avi and then compressing it with sorenson squeeze later, but i would like to be able to do it in one step. Has any one had this problem?

*edit*
I also had this problem one time when i was using a particular audio effect to reduce noise, it would render up untill that point and then give that error message, but this happens as soon as i press ok pretty much, and i dont have any effects on the first clip
Old September 6th, 2006, 12:36 PM   #365
Regular Crew

pp2 & quadro fx 3500

well I kinda started along these lines in the cineform topics but realized my problem is with pp2 as a whole. so installed my new 3500 and cant get pp2 work w/o locking up. I know it has something to do with the nvidia drivers (im using latest whql). I tried the older 84 versions and have exact same problem. pny tech (and cant get them back on the phone) told me to use 77's as they are latest adobe certified drivers. however problem is that the 77's dont support the newer 3500. so I have to use the newer drivers. Ive tried different settings and it seems each change makes something work but something quits working. then I'll make another change and the whole program will lock up opening. All other programs on pc work great, especially AE7. but I do most of my work in PP2. So there's no way I spent $1100 on a card that adobe wont support. So who out there also has a 3500 & how do I make this work with PP2?

TIA
Mark Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2006, 01:36 PM   #366
Major Player

Try this, export again to WMV but turn the audio off during export (not the audio on/off directly on the timeline but during export), just to isolate the issue.

I have run onto this when exporting to WMV when the audio was set to "Windows Media Audio 9.1 Professional". Try just using the standard "Windows Media Audio 9.1" maybe.
RED ONE #977
Daniel Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2006, 03:40 PM   #367
Regular Crew

thanks, i will try that
Old September 7th, 2006, 09:47 AM   #368
Major Player

Capturing problem with PPro 1.51

Hi,

I hope, this is the correct forum for my question, because I'm not quite sure, wether this is a PPro problem or a Win XP problem.

Anyway, here is what's bothering me: I bought a used Canon MV20i just for capturing my XL2 footage. On my laptop everything is fine, however on the desktop PC no frames are captured despite the fact that the camera can be controlled from the PPro Capture window (start, stop, pause, fast forward and fast rewind all work).

On the laptop I run Win XP SP1 and the firewire cable is a 4 pin to 4 pin cable. The desktop PC runs Win XP SP2 and the cable is 4 pin to 6 pin. When I connect the XL2 everything works perfectly on both the laptop and the desktop PC.

Any ideas what could be wrong here are very much appreciated.

Rainer
Rainer Hoffmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2006, 11:33 AM   #369
Major Player

after sp2 there is some issues with using ieee-1394. I personally experinced none of those but check this:
http://www.rme-audio.com/english/techinfo/fw800sp2.htm
and
http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/winxp-1394.html

but if You're not sure is it Premiere or OS or Your hardware then try other tool for capturing:
http://windv.mourek.cz/
Frank Hool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 01:02 AM   #370
Major Player

Thanks for the links, Frank. I will install the firewire patch and report if it works.

Rainer
Old September 8th, 2006, 07:41 AM   #371
Major Player

Hi,

I installed the WinXP patch but the problem is still the same (WinDV doesn't solve it either).

However, I'm now fairly sure that it's WinXP SP2 that makes the trouble, not PPro.

Any other ideas?

Rainer
Old September 8th, 2006, 09:08 AM   #372
Trustee

Does the FilmFX plug-in work with Premiere Elements?

Any Premiere Elements users here?
Dave Largent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2006, 12:09 PM   #373
Major Player

Change Color Effect

Any response based on experience w/b appreciated.

I'm relatively new to PPro 2.0 and am experimenting with the Change Color Effect. I need to use that effect on multiple colors in one clip. Other than adding the effect multiple times, i.e. once for each color I want to change, is there some way to add the effect only once but have it apply to multiple colors?

I've changed one color with the effect, but when I slick the eyedropper to select another color to change, the color of my first change seems to revert back to the original "bad" color. Can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong, or if it's a limitation of the app.

Should I just add the effect once for each color, and leave it at that?

Haven't found anything in either Help or "The PPro 2.0 Bible" published by Wiley.

Input appreciated.
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2006, 06:02 PM   #374
Major Player

From what I know, one effect for each colour.
Bart Walczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2006, 11:57 PM   #375
Major Player

Export to MPEG2-DVD gets m2v files?

Need some help here--
I have been working on a video backpacking project that I cannot get correctly encoded. I use Premiere Pro 1.5, and set the file up as a MPEG2-DVD file. I set it for 7mb vbr 2 pass, and when the encoding ids done, I end up with a m2v file that contains the video only, and a wav file for the audio only. I cannot successfully import either into Roxio Easy Media 8 to make my final DVD.
I have no such problems exporting as a sraight MPEG2 file. I only have problems when attempting to output as a MPEG2-DVD. That's when I get the m2v files. Presets do not seem to affect that, that is all presets under MPEG2-DVD will encode as m2v. ASm I doing something fundamentally wrong here?
Any help or comments wouild sure be appreciated. my goal nmow is to get the highest quality output for playback on a variety of DVD playback machines.
Thanks!
Steve Wolla is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite