Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2006 - Page 23 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old August 16th, 2006, 10:48 AM   #331
New Boot

Export to DVD...problems

Well, i'm having a hard time getting my 6 minute video w/ effects to burn to my DVD player.

Actually, let me go back. I tried a smaller clip to test the process and it worked fine.

So, I rendered my 6 minute video, chose File>Export>Export to DVD. At that time it reads my DVD Burner in my machine, gives it the go-ahead by making the record button active and away I go. Under the default settings it gets hung up almost immediatley, If I reduce the quality, it lets it burn all the way to the end and right before it fnishes, it says that an error occurs.

Is this a setting thing or is the file too large? Why did it work w/ the smaller clip, but not with the larger one?

Also, If I use the encoder, how can I burn the video and audio to make a DVD? What program does a good job of this? Can I do the final product in Premiere? I did use the encoder, and was able to save the file, however, when I try to upload the files in NERO, it does not recognize them????
Michael Littlejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 02:40 PM   #332
Major Player

I use Adobe Encore but you can use any DVD authoring tool for files exported via Media Encoder with MPEG2-DVD settings.

If you export your clips via Media Encoder, do you still get the same error?

If you render your project into a single DV file and then export from a new timeline, do you get the error too?

What is your system's specs?

Best regards
Bart Walczak
Bart Walczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 02:51 PM   #333
New Boot

Audio Effects, do you use them?

I just got my project up and running and I have lots of raw audio that is laid over the original footage. It sounds ok. (Documentery sytle)

Are there any standard effects that you like to use to "professionalize" the sound, or do you guys like to keep the raw sound?
Old August 16th, 2006, 03:07 PM   #334
Major Player

What I've heard to do with voice overs is make a copy of the voice track (so you have 2 tracks), apply compression to one track, and leave the other as is... then mix the two together. This is supposed to give it a nice "full" but still dynamic sound.

I've never actually tried it, but it sounds feasable
Nick Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 10:01 PM   #335
Major Player

I'm running Premiere Pro 1.5 and am also having problems that are similar in nature. I think That I was able to make Export to DVD work alright, but....I cannot render down to a MPEG2 or MPEG2-DVD using the Media Encoder. I get an error message that states "Adobe Premire Pro failed to return a video frame--cancelling operation".
Are these common problems with Premiere? Is there a fix?
My film is 39 minutes in length. Somehow last friday I made it work, and got a MPEG@ file that I can export to my DVD authoring program (Roxio Easy Media 8). But I cannot repeat it.
On another project of only 7 minutes long, I got the same message and it came back and said there was a "transcoding error". My presets were for MPEG2-DVD
"NTSC 4x3 High Quality 7mb cbr 1 pass". I am not at all sure this is correct, I am new to DVD authoring. Any help would sure be appreciated.
SW
Steve Wolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2006, 08:51 AM   #336
Regular Crew

A "professionalize" sound comes from a "professionalize" recording. Any audio source that is recorded professionally generally will not require as much post work for it to sound great.

An EQ and a compressor are the two most common used tools to enhance an audio clip. Go to wikipedia and read their articles on “Audio level compression” and “equalization”. To be honest it’s not the tools you use, but how you use them. A poor recording will require better tools to fix in post. I’ve used everything from premiere plug-ins to Adobe auditions, waves, universal audio, and renting professional studios to do mixing, or post work. I have gotten professional results with all different tools.

Sorry I’m not giving you a magic formula for a “professional” sound, but that’s because there is none. I approach every clip with “what is this clip needs” and “what sounds bad that needs to be taken out”. Half the time when you fix one the other will fix itself.

Lots of people on this board are a one man show. So just like video, to get good results you have to study, and practice. Once you have some head knowledge you can analyze professional sounds, and then apply all that learning to your recordings.

Especially in the recording industry everyone has their way of doing things and their opinions on what sounds “good”. That’s why it’s best to study up, listen to what you know is done by pros, and then make the decisions yourself on what is “pro” sounding. Nicks suggestion is a good suggestion, to take the same track double it apply different effects and then mix them together is quick and dirty way to get more volume and life out of a clip that seems to be dull and quiet. Again though a properly recorded clip will hold its own with smaller amounts of processing. But most times we work with less than perfect situations, so experience and trusting your ears are the most important.

Did you have any specific questions like a clip that you think lacks something and how to fix it? There is no right and wrong, whatever your ears tell you is what counts.
Jacob Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2006, 03:42 PM   #337
Major Player

What is your system specs? If you have not enough memory, these effects can be quite common. Also, I had a lot of troubles on AthlonXP 3000+ and Soltek mainboard, definately one of the worst configurations to work with Adobe Premiere.

Are you able to export your project to a DV file? Try making a new project and inserting the DV file and then exporting it to DVD or using the Media Encoder. Do you still get the mistakes?

If you haven't updated to 1.5.1, it would be wise to do so, there is also a fix for Adobe Media Encoder somewhere on the MainConcept site for the Pro 1.5 version. I don't remember the URL, but if you type it in google, you should find it.

Hope this helps.
Bart Walczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2006, 01:03 PM   #338
Regular Crew

Movement issues on Projector- AP Encoding

I have a video I produced in AP 2.0 that looks great on the computer, and even looks great in several formats of MPG on another computer. The problem is that when it is shown on a projector; when moving PIP video floats across the screen it seems to cyclically hesitate or jump. Only the PIP appears to do this, the background video remains stable. I am wondering if there is an Adobe sync effect or video affect that will fix this? I am suspecting a difference in sync between the base video and the PIP floating, if that is possible. Note that I am aware that I am looking at adjusting the video process to help the projector--which is probably the issue anyway. All of this leads me to ask question two; is there a better mpg encoder out there to use that is affordable and beats the AP version? I know that I discovered that with Windows Media Encoding.
Please give your ideas on both questions.
David Walding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2006, 07:37 PM   #339
New Boot

Looking for a transition...

I've seen it in on screen interviews often lately...

Best I can describe it would be a "solarize" transition. I "solars" out or "whites" out quickly....almost like a "flash."

Any transitions in Premiere like that? I can't find any. I'm using 1.5.
Old August 20th, 2006, 08:52 PM   #340
Major Player

Additive dissolve might be what you're looking for... either that or dip to color dissolve set to white. The names might be different in Premiere... I use FCP, but I've seen those transitions in Premiere also, just can't remember the names
Old August 20th, 2006, 10:09 PM   #341
New Boot

Nick,

thanks....somehow I overlooked the additive disolve. Perfecto!
Old August 20th, 2006, 10:18 PM   #342
Major Player

It's one of my favorites... goes well with faster music
Old August 21st, 2006, 09:31 AM   #343
Trustee

Sounds like you might be rendering to QuickTime Alternates. See this thread for more details: QT Alternate Download problem

The only really good QuickTime codec included with the QuickTime Player and Premiere Pro is the Apple H.264 codec. Of course, H.264 encoded video requires viewers to have the QuickTime 7 Player installed.

When encoding to QuickTime, be aware the Adobe Media Encoder's bit rate slider is very inaccurate. Setting it to about 23-25 Kbps should give you an approximately 300-400 Kbps file.

Last edited by Christopher Lefchik; August 21st, 2006 at 01:27 PM.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2006, 11:26 AM   #344
Trustee

Do you have ANY blank/empty spaces between scenes or clips?
Old August 27th, 2006, 05:36 AM   #345
New Boot

Adobe Premiere 2.0 languages?

Hello,

I installed Adobe Premiere 2.0 but it's all English. I really want the interface to be German. Is there any way to change the language or even download and add it?

Thanks in advance!

Es lebe die jüdische Community!
Ariel Fleischer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite