Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2006 - Page 47 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 22nd, 2006, 09:49 PM   #691
Tourist

I think you're right in giving up the service, especially if it's going up to that price. I've got to admit thought that I don't have it, and would probably never use it.

My opinion is that its not worth it, even at $300. First of all, 90% of the problems that I've encountered are computer/video-tech related, not Editing Suite. If you have a techie-friend you can call, or you're a tech-person like myself, you've got most of those covered. Also, there's of course these forums, and lots of other places you can find online to find answers, if you do a bit of looking.

Even for quicker questions ("how-do-I.....") it's probably simpler to find it online (I don't even know if they answer those sort of questions...... do they?)

Sorry for not answering your question, I don't know any other services. But I'd probably find them a waste of money anyway! If you can't find anything to your liking, I'll offer to help you out, for free ;)
Chris Kroitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2006, 10:59 PM   #692
Major Player

If you didn't get the "find media" dialog box when opening the project, then it is very strange. You should have.

If for some reason premiere can't see the rendered files, then you can try and go to preferences and look under scrach disks for rendered files directory, but it this doesn't help, then nothing will, I'm affraid.
Bart Walczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2006, 10:20 AM   #693
Regular Crew

Which workflow

i have 60 jpegs that are 2272x1704 pixels and what i plan to do is to create a photo montage. so which workflow makes more sense and what would you reccomend? and also i wan the picture to be 720x576 and i'll be working in pal if that matters and the final output is just for the internet but i have the compression covered.

also some of the jpegs need to be rotated so that they are the right way up.

im using:

premeire 1.5
AE7
photoshop cs2

workflow 1:

import jpegs into AE(comp settings 720x576, 5secs, 1frame)> rescale and rotate if nessecary> out put as avi no compression then import to prem and edit.

or.

Workflow 2:

import jpegs in to photoshop auto resize them> import jpegs that need to be rotated into AE then rotate> import everthing into prem and edit export etc.

So what would you do and how would you do it. can i shorten the time its going to take me or anything you think i should be doing differently, all commenst and suggestions welcome. also if you have any questions just ask.

Thanks in advance!
Old December 26th, 2006, 10:53 AM   #694
Regular Crew

Why wouldn't you just do the rotation in Photoshop, too? I don't see the need for AE for this project.
Old December 26th, 2006, 01:45 PM   #695
Regular Crew

My God

Why didnt i think of that? haha thats for pointing out the obvious! well ive certainly been wasting my time! thanks for that! i definatly did not get common sense for christmas! thanks!
Old December 26th, 2006, 06:00 PM   #696
Regular Crew

Hey, sometimes we all need a little slap in the face. ;-) I often find myself making things more complicated than they are!
Old December 26th, 2006, 10:16 PM   #697
Regular Crew

Hi Chris, thanks for the offer. They do answer the how do I... questions and it isnt a problem with the software not working properly, its just I cant figure how to get things to happen. Right now I am dealing with Encore not accepting a wav file and we tried everything and now we are to the point of uninstalling Encore and re installing to fix the problem. Well that isnt in the help file so it is nice to call and get some imput. Although lately its been taking up to 2 hrs for them to answer the phone. This problem seems to be a software problem but usually my questions are how do I make a tilted picture in picture. Well the answer was to use After Effects. So in the time it would of taken me to try a couple of different options it was nice to call and ask. But im not sure it will happen at $1600. Anyway thanks for the reply. See you around. TAG
Old December 27th, 2006, 10:59 PM   #698
Regular Crew

Does SD need PPro 2

I have PPro 1.5 and will be using SD on Canon GL2 for a long time, I have no intentions of going to a HD camera. Is there any reason for me to upgrade to Premiere Pro 2 ?
Old December 28th, 2006, 01:35 PM   #699
Inner Circle

2.0 has some extra features (multicam editing for example, better sound handling, etc) but nothing essential. Actually you can even do HD on 1.5 by downloading the free upgrade to 1.5.1 from Adobe.
Old December 28th, 2006, 01:42 PM   #700
Inner Circle

Seems to me that the interface does a little more, though I actually only use 1.5 for a very short period, jumping 6.5 to Pro 2.0.

I think you can set up multiple monitors better and easier, actually have monitor dedicated to preview, the multicamera edit is great, and frankly, you keep up with the current technology by future upgrades to the program better than you might with 1.5. If you are a dedicated Premiere user, I think it is worth it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite