Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2006 - Page 41 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old November 23rd, 2006, 04:52 AM   #601
Major Player

Click on the triangle menu in the upper-right corner of the timeline window and deselect "audio units".
Bart Walczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2006, 04:56 AM   #602
Major Player

Dynamic link allows you to create a new comp (that's what you've done) or to import an existing comp to premiere project.

The new comp is blank and if you want to do anything with it, you need to add footage and/or effects manually.

Afterwards just drop the comp in premiere into the timeline. PPro treats it as a sequence or source clip.

I hope it answers your question.

BTW, it's really a pain in the *** that you can't just send a clip to AE for slowmotion or some simple effects and that you have to actually export it. Lame.
Old November 23rd, 2006, 03:18 PM   #603
Regular Crew

Thank-you very much Bart, yes indeed I now have it working albeit for about 2 minutes before After Effects had an error and closed lol
Besides, with my humble Athlon64 3000+ it was a bit slow anyhow...I might just have to do it the old fashioned way until either AE behaves itself or I get a faster processor
Damian Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2006, 08:09 PM   #604
Major Player

RAM might be the key issue here. PPro +AE uses 1,5 GB for programs alone, and if you have anything open (which you have to), it will easily go beyond 2 GB, and if you're not running Win 64, then it starts to be a problem.

I had very bad experience with my 1 GB Athlon 64 3000, added 1 GB of RAM and it was better, but not very good. Only after I had built a new machine with Conroe 6600, 4 GB and Win 64, the machine became robust enough to work with.
Old November 24th, 2006, 10:36 PM   #605
Regular Crew

Thank You

Bart:
Thank you very much. That was the solution to my problem. I have no clue, how I select the audio units. Again thank You.
Mike Quinones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2006, 10:55 PM   #606
Regular Crew

Premiere Elements 3.0

Anyone try this yet? It supports capture and edit of HDV, but no HD output to DVD. It would be a cheap entry into HD software.
Wade Hanchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2006, 06:12 AM   #607
Major Player

You're welcome.
Old November 25th, 2006, 01:17 PM   #608
Regular Crew

Export to Tape Quality?

A number of things here...My original footage was HDV 1080i from an FX1 edited with the help of AspectHD (sweet), converted to DVD for the final output. Now I want to export my timelines back to tape in HDV 1080i for future proofing. The AspectHD software trial ran out so I can't use this program to output a m2t.
Now I can still easily hit the 'Export to Tape' command and it will render and transfer BUT at what quality setting is it? To explain, if I open Adobe Media Encoder I can select one of the presets which is HDV 1080i 25 and this has a bunch of settings which can be adjusted. Most are fine as they are but one is a quality slider which is set at 2.1 by default, with 5 being the highest quality. Now, this is interesting because although the bitrate stays the same I'm suddenly given the option of quality. When you just select 'Export To Tape' in the file menu, you don't have to adjust any options, so what quality is that set to by default? I have no way of knowing.
One other thing, I could just then use the Adobe Media Encoder to output a m2t file under the HDV 1080i setting with a 5 for quality, re-import that to a timeline with the corresponding Adobe HDV 1080i import setting and then set that to output to tape in the usual way. Now surely that should not need re-rendering since it has been converted to HDV already, it should bypass the rendering and transfer it to tape straight away...but it doesn't, it starts to render it again, albeit more quickly....and so I'm back to square 1 wondering about the quality setting again lol
Can anyone make sense of it or indeed see what I'm getting at?
Old November 26th, 2006, 06:22 AM   #609
New Boot

Advise about Procoder 2

I'm working with Premiere Pro with Procoder 2.

To encode the projects i have i use Procoder 2 but the results are not compatible with all DVD players. I test my results on several DVD players but still getting some back from people who where not able to play the DVD on there DVD players.

Question: What do use use for encoding your project to mpeg, and do you have similair problems.
Old November 27th, 2006, 04:43 AM   #610
Trustee

Depends on the authoring application you use. Encore has difficulty with Procoder encoded files. I use Encore and a bitrate calculator, so I export to MPEG-DVD and AC3 with Adobe Media Encoder/Surcode. An alternative could be to export audio with Surcode and export an AVI with video only and import these into Encore and have Encore do the transcoding. It does not really matter since both Premiere and Encore use the same engine.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2006, 01:19 PM   #611
New Boot

Hello Harm,

Normally i use Procoder directly from Premiere
Yesterday i exported my project from Premiere to a avi file.
Then i started Procoder without Premiere and made three different MPEG files.
Two .vob files and one .m2v file
Tomorrow i will import them to encore with the menu and i will burn them to DVD. I will let you know wath kind of results i will have.

What kind of files do you allways use .vob or .m2v files ?
Old November 28th, 2006, 02:02 PM   #612
Trustee

First of all, as I grow older my eyesight, after a number of serious illnesses, is not what it used to be. Glasses, etc. So my discerning capabilities have diminished over the years. Secondly, I'm a mere hobbyist, not a professional. However, being what I am, I'm still satisfied with my results. However with all the pro's around here, I would assume they can probably improve on my workflow to get even better results.

What I do is edit in PremPro and export to MPEG2-DVD the video stream and to AC-3 the audio stream with the Minnetonka Surcode plug-in. I use a bitrate calculator for budgetting. http://dvd-hq.info/Calculator.html?P...f57#Calculator
Both are then imported into Encore and I author from there.

Hope this helps.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2006, 02:06 AM   #613
Regular Crew

wow...anyone?
Old November 29th, 2006, 06:04 PM   #614
Trustee

I avoid AME, but since no-one else answered ...

Step 1) find or make a template that meets the m2t specs for exporting back to tape for your camera. That will constrain most of the encoding parameters like bitrate etc, since there's only 1 valid value your camera will accept.

Step 2: Once you know Step 1 is working, then if you then still have the option to adjust quality, set that to max. (Maybe there's a tradeoff between render time and quality?)
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2006, 03:20 PM   #615
Regular Crew

PPro 2 "education version"

I'm a college professor and I'm curious if there is any difference between PPro2 and the "education version"... or is it only the price that is different?
Don Bazley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite