Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2006 - Page 36 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old November 8th, 2006, 03:07 PM   #526
Major Player

You can also use the History Palette to go back to the step before you cut, but I usually use Graham's suggestion of stretching the clip back out again, or just deleting the clip all together and then bringing it back into the timeline from the source window with the original in/out points.
Cal Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2006, 07:32 PM   #527
Regular Crew

Premiere Pro 2.0 Audio Question

When connecting 2 mic's on my Sony PD-170 I get channel 1 coming out of the left speaker and channel 2 coming out of the right speaker. During editing how do I make the audio come out of both speakers. I want channel 1 & 2 to output on both speakers.
Al Kozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2006, 10:19 PM   #528
Trustee

There are two audio effects, labelled "Fill Left" and "Fill Right". Put the "Fill Left" effect on the audio on the right channel and the "Fill Right" effect on the left. If it's a single stereo track, you should duplicate the track and apply one effect to each.

There might be an easier way to do this but I haven't encountered this situation so I don't know off the top of my head.
Old November 9th, 2006, 11:42 PM   #529
Major Player

HELP - Can't capture tape via firewire.

Hi there,

Just finished a shoot for a commercial using my VX-1000 and Z1U. I used the VX for my underwater shot of a fish being landed using the client's landing net: http://www.reelinspirations.com/adve...underwater.htm

Anyway, the tape plays fine via firewire using the Premiere Pro 2 capture program OR MS Movie Maker.

It also plays fine in my Z1U as well.

However, if I attempt to capture using firewire, never comes up with the 'what do you want to name this file' dialog. The file it writes out is about 126K and it won't play.

I tried capturing from both my Z1U and my VX-1000 via firewire and it won't do it in either Premiere Pro 2 or MS Movie Maker.

I finally had to play it out of my camera and capture via S-Video through my Canopus ADVC110 converter.

Any ideas?

Jim
James Huenergardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 12:22 AM   #530
Major Player

That tracer thing in Illustrator

G'day everyone,

I was parusing through the Total training DVD that comes with the production bundle Adobe makes, and I came across a deomstration on how to make a still look hand drawn and cartoonish etc. I was able to replicate the effect, however, he mentied using After Effects and I saw he was able to get a moving video of the same effect.

I've tried so hard to replicate that, even going step by step in the DVD (But the DVD is not a training video as I found, just a "Here's a cool feature" run down) I looked through the Adobe forums, and cant seem to find what I'm looking for (I couldnt see a search function) so I guess, I'll ahve to ask anyone here who knows how to apply the "tracing effect" to a video instead of just playing with images.

Leo
Old November 10th, 2006, 07:57 AM   #531
Wrangler

Is this the kind of thing you were looking for?

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=73061
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 08:41 AM   #532
Major Player

Ditto.

The only ways I'm aware of are what Cal and Graham mention.

I was disappointed to learn that PPro 2 doesn't have a "combine clips" feature. Even Pinnacle Studio has it, and I expected an NLE as expensive as PPro 2 to have it. At least there's a work-around. I hope it works well for you.
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 09:23 AM   #533
Major Player

Or you can try Source channel mapping to divide your audio into one or two mono tracks. Just select your clip, then go to Clip->Audio Options->Source channel mapping.

BTW, it works only if you haven't placed the clip in the timeline yet. Of you have, use Fill left or fill right filters.
Bart Walczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 05:22 PM   #534
Major Player

Thanks so much Pete, I guess I never found it in this forum's search because I didnt know the terminology. I still have ALOT to learn about the Adobe Products. It was cheap when I found it, and I thought, if I wanted to save some money, I'd jump in the deep end and get the pack.

Now I'm here sitting in front of my desk with my mouth still open to the power of some of the apps they have. I almost dropped dead when took an old video I made (an avi) sitting in my computer and put into Encore. Totally beats the DVD software I use to have, which had a choice between A cloud background a bookshelf, or a roll of film on the floor.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction - Vector graphics.... Now why didn't I remember that term...

Thanks again
Old November 12th, 2006, 09:15 AM   #535
New Boot

Adobe Premier 2

Ive finished editing but after i export and take a look at the video the effects such as transitions arent there. anyone can help me?
Erick Santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2006, 11:22 AM   #536
Major Player

Erik, what did you export out to? (What option did you choose).
Cal Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2006, 12:38 PM   #537
Wrangler

Hi James,

This sounds like a very strange problem. If its not working in movie maker and premiere then this would lead me to think that its an issue to do with the firewire port, firewire cable or operating system.

Is it possible for you to try your cameras and firewire cable on another system?

How are you capturing, via timecode in-out, or a simple crash capture?

There are various other freeware DV capture programs that you can use to see if it does the same thing. theres a few on this website: http://www.videohelp.com/tools?s=33#33

Cheers,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Ed Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2006, 06:11 PM   #538
Trustee

When you say "aren't there" do you mean the original footage is still there, unchanged, or that you no image at all?

If the former, check your Export/ Video settings ... make sure the codec specified there is correct and that "Recompress" is checked.
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2006, 10:56 AM   #539
Regular Crew

Color Correcyion Issues in PP 1.5

We are currently color correcting our short film 1.5 and are having an issue with the color corrector. It is clipping the whites as soon as we put it on and turing them grey. Has anyon else had this problem? We have tried everything but nothing seems to work.

Thanks
Chris

Chris Vaglio
Director/Producer/Editor
Grey Sky Films
www.greyskyfilms.com
Chris Vaglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2006, 06:31 PM   #540
Trustee

How can I do this in PPRO2.0?

I was looking at videos to kind of study for an up and coming project and came across this video with some killer motion trails. How is this done?

Here is the link to the video I saw the best ones in http://www.ifilm.com/video/2726866

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite