Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2006 - Page 45 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 12th, 2006, 10:38 AM   #661
Regular Crew

Try this...

Go to Project > Project Settings > General > Playback Settings

You can choose to watch and hear the video either on your desktop or your broadcast monitor. Often times, if you are capturing using PP2 you will hear a delay in audio when watching/listening to the footage in the capture monitor and while watching/listening through your broadcast monitor.

I am not sure if this is going to work for you but play with the above settings and see if that works.

Good Luck
Old December 12th, 2006, 10:56 AM   #662
Major Player

There will always be a delay between what is displayed on the computer and what is displayed via Firewire.

The Windows driver responsible for sending DV from the computer via Firewire to an external DV device (MSDV.SYS) has a hard-coded buffer of about 0.5 seconds.

Any applications that use that driver (basically any DirectShow-based application) will show the delay.

Additionally, there is a delay from the time the raw DV data arrive at the camcorder and when the decode video frame is shown. This can be a frame or so.
John Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 07:31 PM   #663
Major Player

P Pro 1.5 crashes on opening. (New Laptop) HELP!

Premiere Pro 1.5 crashes during the opening on my new laptop.

The last thing I see loading is "write on.AEX"

Then I get a black screen... nothing else.

I've updated QT. Still nothing?
I'm using Intel Centrino Duo, 2 GB RAM.

Works on my old laptop.

Any ideas?

Mike
Old December 12th, 2006, 08:40 PM   #664
Major Player

I tried re-installing/repairing it via the disc, no luck.
Old December 12th, 2006, 08:47 PM   #665
Inner Circle

How about updating ??? Did download the latest update of Premeire and install it ?
Old December 12th, 2006, 09:13 PM   #666
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos
How about updating ??? Did download the latest update of Premeire and install it ?
Tried that.

This worked though...
http://www.asklaptopfreak.com/laptop...dobe-premiere/

Looks like it was Realtek audio driver.

Thanks for your help though,

Mike
Old December 12th, 2006, 09:37 PM   #667
New Boot

Cannot output to QT

Hi all, im running PP2. I have Cineform Prospect HD. Ive been trying to export a Quicktime today. I used the media encoder> Apple DV/DVC Pro. it goes about 20% then craps out. I turned off my effects then tried again, same thing.

my footage is 24p HDV, 720p. I used Cineform Prospect HD to import. All worked well and i cut it fine. My sound editor wants the quicktime file. any thoughts?
David Basulto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 11:48 PM   #668
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Basulto
Hi all, im running PP2. I have Cineform Prospect HD. Ive been trying to export a Quicktime today. I used the media encoder> Apple DV/DVC Pro. it goes about 20% then craps out. I turned off my effects then tried again, same thing.

my footage is 24p HDV, 720p. I used Cineform Prospect HD to import. All worked well and i cut it fine. My sound editor wants the quicktime file. any thoughts?
My QT output doesnt work right in PP2 either. Try the demo of tmpgenc and see if you like. I am trying the demo right now and it seems great. It's $100 for the full version but from what others have said here its suppossed to be great.
Daniel Cegla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 11:56 PM   #669
New Boot

thanks will look into that! Meanwhile, i tried to render an ms dv avi and it game me a disc full error??? i have plenty of disc space... so confused.
David Basulto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 03:37 AM   #670
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Basulto
thanks will look into that! Meanwhile, i tried to render an ms dv avi and it game me a disc full error??? i have plenty of disc space... so confused.
not sure.. check where your scratch disks are and make sure there is plenty of free space where you have those folders set.
Daniel Cegla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 09:21 AM   #671
Tourist

Can't export widescreen!

I created a widescreen project and want to render the scene. What ever the settings I choose, Premiere 2.0 always export the movie as 4:3... When I play it on my computer I just change the aspect ration to 16:9 and everything works ok... but know, it's time to make a DVD with Architect 3.0c and it detects the 4:3 to be the format of course!

It's my last project in Premiere. I learned how to use Vegas and it suits me a lot better! Not a single problem so far! And I can edit HD with my laptop! ;)

Thanks for your help!

Pierre
Pierre Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 09:39 AM   #672
Tourist

Please Help me!

I put all the settings as it should be... but still the wrong result! I actually tried many different configurations...

I really don't understand!

I'm very peeved to say the least...

Pierre
Pierre Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 12:09 PM   #673
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Landry
I put all the settings as it should be... but still the wrong result! I actually tried many different configurations...

I really don't understand!

I'm very peeved to say the least...

Pierre
I think you need to search the forums for a tool called "anamorphizer" (which i cannot spell). You drop your exported movie into this application and it will set the 16:9 widescreen properties in the Quicktime file.

I am still playing with the same thing with Final Cut Express/iDVD
Nick Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2006, 02:47 AM   #674
Regular Crew

Timeline help

I'm new to Premier (6.5) and I can't figure out how to make my job easier.

I have about 2 hours of clips on my timeline and I need to insert clips in the middle of the timeline. I would like to just be able to drop a clip in between two other clips, thus forcing everything after that insert to simply move over to make room for the inserted clip. But it doesn't do that and so I have to move over ALL the clips manually enough so that the new clips can fit.

So I either want the clips to move over when I insert a clip or I want to find a easy way to insert space in between clips without having to select ALL the clips and move it. I just don't know if 6.5 can do either.

Anyone know?
Mark Morikawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2006, 05:50 AM   #675
Trustee

I'm using PP 2.0 and cannot remember if it works the same way, but try to keep the CTRL key pressed when you drag and drop the clip to be inserted to the time line. If that does not work as it does in 2.0, look up insert editing in the help file.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite