Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2006 - Page 46 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 14th, 2006, 03:27 PM   #676
Regular Crew

Creating subclips in HDV footage

Hey there,

I recently purchased a Canon XH-A1 and have been getting used to working with HDV footage in Premiere 2.0

More or less everything is the same but the render times are much longer, which is to be expected.

One problem I am seeing is when I create subclips. The video and audio are always out of synch, by a lot, when I create subclips. It's like the system is having to work too hard to keep track of the subclip for lack of a better description.

I am running a Pentium 4 at 3.4GHZ, 2GB DDR667, RAID 0 for the system and RAID 0 for the data. The CPU doesn't max out and never really gets higher than 50% at anytime.

I have worked with tons of DV footage on this same computer and never had this problem.

Any ideas?
Charlie Durand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2006, 07:11 PM   #677
New Boot

Output to QT

Hi, i have been editing a film (93min) in PP2 using Cineform Prospect HD to import the footage etc. Source is from the JVC HD 100, 24p HDV 720p. I have been trying for the past 3 days to render a quicktime to no avail. not only that but i cant render any format without an error. I have done the troubleshooting and fixes on the phone with Adobe, nothing has worked. I finally started rendering out DV Avi chunks 12min at a time, this seems to be working.

Questions:
1. Can i import these into say Quicktime Pro to make one big QT file? (I lost all faith in PP2).
2 I will need to make a digi beta master when all is said and done. Whats the work flow to get this done via PP2?

Thanks in advance! Dave
David Basulto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2006, 11:28 PM   #678
New Boot

David Newman from CineForm replied to me on the Adobe forums:

Hi David,

Long form quicktime output has come up as in issue in the past. As you using Prospect HD, I recommend mastering to a CineForm AVI first -- that should work without issue. The you can load that is several tools for producing your final export (including bringing that into a new project with Premiere typically works.) Premiere has some memory issues with features are a typically overcome by breaking the production into reels. Also make sure you are up to date with your Prospect HD install, which is now on version 2.2.8 (version 2.2.10 will be up any day now also.) Prospect help reduce some of the memory issues under Premiere (particularly for HDV) and it gets better at this with newer versions.

If you having problems using Premiere, as an Prospect HD user our support people will likely be of better help -- after all most of our customers are indie filmmakers.

Contact support and ask for Jake Segraves, or file a trouble ticket at www.cineform.com/support (which Jake will handle.)

David Newman
CTO, CineForm
David Basulto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2006, 02:10 PM   #679
Major Player

Jake was a great help for me, he got my shit to work man :-)
Jon
Jon Jaschob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2006, 02:46 PM   #680
Major Player

Sequence Export Wave bug?

Hi,

Today I made a new project with a sequence(1) containing about 40 clips. Wanted to apply an audiofilter to the whole track so I made a new Sequence (2). Dropped sequence 1 into sequence 2. Applied EQ. Within sequence 2 - I choose File -> Export Wave. Nothing happens - I get the window that says "rendering" but nothing happens.

If I set Sequence 1 as active it works just fine... this must be a bug?

// Lazze

Premiere 2.0 on XP SP2 - all updates applied.
Lars Siden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2006, 08:02 PM   #681
Major Player

It is rendering audio effect, be patient.

Easier method is to apply the EQ effect to a track, this way you avoid nested sequences and unnecessary rendering.
Bart Walczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 12:30 PM   #682
Trustee

NeroDigital MPEG-4 H.264 export now available directly from the timeline!

So, I'm nearing the end of a reinstall of Windows and my apps after a hard drive failure. I edited a short project the other day, and went to export it, and what should I see but an entry for “NeroDigital” right above the Adobe Media Encoder option in the Export menu. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, you can now export directly to MPEG-4/H.264 straight from the Adobe Premiere Pro timeline! No need to go through the Adobe Media Encoder and use the buggy QuickTime export (and be restricted to the .mov container). The NeroDigital export plugin looks to be very configurable, and includes handy presets for iPod and PSP/Memory Stick.

Note that I am using Premiere Pro 2.0 and the latest edition of Nero 7 as of this writing (v7.5.9.0A). If you don't have Nero I am sure you will not have this export option.

Last edited by Christopher Lefchik; December 18th, 2006 at 04:18 PM.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 01:57 PM   #683
Trustee

Does this work in After Effects too?
Emre Safak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 02:13 PM   #684
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emre Safak
Does this work in After Effects too?
I'm afraid I don't see NeroDigital listed in the After Effects export menu. There is an MPEG-4 option which uses the QuickTime rendering engine.

If you wanted to export an After Effects timeline using NeroDigital, and you have the Production Studio, you could always use the Dynamic Link feature to embed the AE timeline directly in a Premiere Pro timeline. I've used this on one of my projects so far (not to render to NeroDigital - yet), and it's pretty slick.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2006, 11:14 AM   #685
Regular Crew

Rendered Preview Files Not Working

I've been working on a clients project using their computer and I took the hard drive home to work on my personal computer. In the preferences, I set the Preview files to go into the same folder as the project. If I open the Preview files directory, I can see the preview files that I rendered. So far, so good.

When I returned to the clients computer and opened up the project file, the rendered preview files are no longer linked, meaning that I'd have to re-render to see the clip previews. This is a bad thing as the files are pretty long, requiring a fair amount of time for rendering.

Am I not understanding how this is supposed to work? How can I re-link my clips to their appropriate preview files?
Jay Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2006, 12:28 PM   #686
New Boot

Premiere pro 2 missing frames

Hi all can anybody help with this
I am completely bald as I have pulled out all my hair. I am capturing from my Sony a1u to premiere pro 2 creating a series of single avis which are 60 mins long, when I put the Avi on the timeline and go to the end of the timeline there is a discrepancy of 10 secs: the timecode on the camera is 10 secs different if I look at 30 mins along the timeline I am 5 secs out it appears to lose 1 frame every 360 frames, the camera is pal I have it set recording at 25fps and the settings on PP2 for capture are the same 25fps in pal. I have shot HDV footage tho am capturing in DV as I need to travel and HDV is to many gigs I was hoping to edit a rough cut in DV then recapture in HDV for final edit I AM STUCK
any wisdom about this that could be forthcoming would be cherished and your place in nirvana assured in my eyes
Here's hoping
Chris
Chris Macneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2006, 01:06 PM   #687
Inner Circle

Do you get an error message (where is file xyz?) when you open the project? If so, just point to the location of the file.
Old December 20th, 2006, 02:27 PM   #688
Regular Crew

Nope, it was as though I hadn't rendered the files at all. Re-connecting the media would have been the way to go, definitely.
Jay Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2006, 09:09 AM   #689
Regular Crew

Adobe tech support

Hi all, any body use Adobe's expert support? I have a contract and have been having a hard time getting through for about a month now or longer. I did get to talk to a customer support person and they told me that the contract I have for $300.00 a year is going to $1600.00 a year if I want to renue. Well anyway I dont think I will be able to swing that, so is there any other tech support programs that you know about? Mine covers their video production bundle and it is nice to be able to call and get help when time is critical. Although I dont know if I will be able to afford that convenience. Thanks again TAG
Old December 22nd, 2006, 12:29 AM   #690
Regular Crew

Slow Playback on Capture

I have a friend who has a Sony TRV-950 who uses P.P. 7.0 to edit. Just recently he has started to encounter problems when he captures with his TRV-950. As soon as the computer tells the camera to play, the playback speed decreases (you can hear the audio drop to a lower speed) and everything is slow and jagged.

The tapes play fine when not connected to the camera, and the footage was shot with the same camera. When you click to actually record, a message comes up and says the connection to the device was lost. He can capture using the camera and Windows Movie Maker just fine, only P.P. gives him problems.

Any Suggestions? Thanks.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite