Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2006 - Page 32 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old October 10th, 2006, 10:33 AM   #466
Trustee

Halve the frame rate to 15fps and you should comfortably be able to fit the video into 512kbps; even at full frame (assuming SD). I can fit 18 minutes of video into 75MB... Take a look.
Emre Safak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2006, 02:31 PM   #467
Regular Crew

well playing around with it the quality just sucks horribly when I try to drop the settings. doing a little research I've come to the conclusion that many think the native quicktime encoder in pp2 sucks. so that's my problem i think. i've seen recommedations to use "squeeze" or quicktime pro. being qt pro 7 was only $30 I just bought it and trying to see how my quality looks using it.
Mark Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2006, 02:44 PM   #468
Major Player

if 20mb and this quality is acceptable for you, I can look up my settings using QT Pro: http://sprocketpictures.com/williamr...te/FWeezer.htm
Bennis Hahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2006, 04:21 PM   #469
Regular Crew

Hello,

One strategy for solving this issue would be to crop the final sequence in the compressor. The compressor will likely do a better job of resizing your footage. The problem you're describing often occurs with analog camcorder systems that were built on the idea of over and under scan. On a CRT monitor the distortion isn't visible because of the over scan the monitor processes. I've had BETA SP projects were there are visible black lines on the bottom and to the right of the captured image. On a CRT monitor the lines are not visible, but I can see the lines in my NLE timeline. I crop those problems out in the compressor without distortion.

I hope that helps,
Cale Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2006, 08:30 AM   #470
Regular Crew

Any updates on Premiere Pro 2 support for AVCHD ????

Thanks again
JohnG
Old October 12th, 2006, 08:47 AM   #471
Inner Circle

John: try asking this in the Cineform forum. I'd guess they'll be one of the first people to support AVCHD, in which case Premiere would likely support it via their plugin.
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2006, 09:21 PM   #472
Regular Crew

hmm I guess I haven't used a compressor so I am kinda lost here. I guess I need to ask ya what compressor are you talking about. I use PPro and I guess I haven't ventured into that area. I will do some more research on this tool. Thanks for your reply very very much, John
John L Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2006, 10:55 AM   #473
Major Player

Importing EDLs

Well, they export. And you can import them, showing as a directory of the clips. However, when the clips are linked to a media, they seem to lose their in and out points. Couldn't find anything in the documentation.

Does this work? If so, how?

Thanks,

David
David Ziegelheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2006, 10:56 AM   #474
Major Player

Media Pending?! What the heck? error?

Any project I open in Adobe native HDV mode (1080i) I get this error. It used to work but now in my Program monitor it says: " Media Pending" . In the bellow Right corner there is a bar saying " indexing (file name). But this just goes on forever and never ends.
I dont understand. Things worked before. What is going on?

Also, if I import a file uncompressed HD it will play back but when i render it (press enter) after it renders it says media pending.
Old October 13th, 2006, 11:29 AM   #475
Major Player

After 20 hours i figured it out. My scratch disks were set to a hard drive that had been taken out of the comptuer and there for did not exist to render files to.

I reset the scratch disks to a new location and it works.
Old October 13th, 2006, 01:47 PM   #476
Regular Crew

Jittery Video -- Canon Powershot S2 IS

I recorded some video with my Canon Powershot S2 IS, and when I import it into premiere pro 2.0, it's extremely jittery. If I view the properties of a clip, it tells me it's 640 x 480, 30.00 fps, 1.0 pixel aspect ratio, so I created a custom project with these settings. However, it still flickers. I've tried lower field first, upper field first, and progressive scan; none show any improvement. I've tried various adobe presets, 29.97 fps, 0.9 and 1.2 pixel aspect ratios, and nothing seems to work. What am I doing wrong? I primarily edit footage from my GL2, and I've never had problems with jittery video. The videos play fine on my computer in media player classic, so I don't think it's a codec problem.
Old October 14th, 2006, 08:57 AM   #477
Inner Circle

Adobe Production Studio Premium Installation Procedure!

Hi all,

Just got my Adobe Production Studio Premium software and I'm anxious to take it for a test drive! But first, I want to make sure that I'm not going to have any problems with the installation.

I have Pro 1.5, AE 6.5, Audition 1.5, Encore 1.5, and other related programs already on the computer. Is is best to uninstall all of them completely before installing Adobe Studio? Will that leave my files untouched, and will they still link? I would not want to loose any important files!

I know that there are many who have already done this, so would appreciate your wisdom. I'm have my finger on the uninstall button!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance----Mike
Old October 14th, 2006, 09:18 AM   #478
Wrangler

They are completely separate installs and co-exist just fine. In fact, if you use Cineform products, they recommend leaving PPro 1.5.1 if you need 24F export in PPro 2.0 (although there is an unofficial work-around to that if you DON'T want to leave 1.5.1 on your system: manually copy the HDV folder from the PPr 1.5.1 installation to the PPro 2.0 installation).
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2006, 09:26 AM   #479
Inner Circle

Thanks Pete,

I think I will keep 1.5.1, but get rid of Audition and the others, just to save disc room.

So far, from watching the tutorials that came with it, it will take me a bit of time to get used to the new look! I'm very used to the look and feel of 1.5.1, so will keep it for now.

OK, much learning to do, better get back at it!

Thanks

Mike
Old October 16th, 2006, 10:18 AM   #480
Regular Crew

MPEG2 Encoding

Hi everyone,
I have a quick mpeg2 encoding question. Right now I'm editing in 10-bit SD and you can really see a big difference from regular DV. However when I encode my project to mpeg2, I seem to lose a lot of my quality.

My main question is about what my bitrate setting should be. What is the differences between the bitrate encoding types, CBR and VBR? And in the VBR realm, the difference between 1 Pass and 2 Pass? Does anyone know of a good bitrate so I can get the best quality 10-bit SD without overkill?

I see that HDV has sampling rates of up to 15 Mbps CBR if I pick MPEG2-DVD. However I want my video and audio to be encoded together. So I'm selecting MPEG2 video format, which is preset to VBR and I'm given a min, max, and average and I really don't know how to set those correctly. I need a good bitrate so that I'm still able to see the vibrant colors that 10-bit brings to the table after encoding. I guess I could just pick 15 Mbps CBR for the highest sampling and be done with it but I'm looking for some reassurance that I'm on the right track.
Jason White is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite