'frames were dropped' the fault of a new DVDR? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old February 24th, 2006, 03:40 PM   #16
Major Player

thanks patrick. i did read something about that, however it was long after installing sp2 that i noticed this problem.. its certainly baffled me. ive now read that nimo codec pack might be causing my other problem.. i'll try sorting that now
David J. Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2006, 04:36 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick King
David,

Are you aware of the Microsoft admitted problem with the 1394b performance being decreased after installation of SP2?

Here is the Knowledgebase article. I've been told to read the article carefully before deciding if their "fix" is sutiable for your system.

That's all I can help you with, so as Microsoft says..."Good Luck with that!"
just spent a little while with the fix on this. Now it captures for between 20-30 secs before freezing. I have tried the sid speed on 0, 1, 2 and 3 and none of them allow for capturing more than that.
i think I have to try to rollback to servicepack 1a but unfortunately my copy of windows is already complete with sp2.
Does anyone know if its possible to choose to not install sp2 during the installation? I didnt see it during todays reformat.
Old February 24th, 2006, 07:53 PM   #18
Major Player

If the CD comes with it pre-installed, you can't remove it as far as I know. Is your XP CD the retail version (full install?) XP Pro, right?

I may have some older copies available at work that either have no service pack or are pre-installed with SP1a I could send to you. I know we used to have about 50 of them. Your product key and everything should work just fine, and if I can find some I'll send one to you free of charge.

If you just email me your shipping address, I'll look Tuesday and see what I can find.
Nick Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2006, 04:18 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Weeks
If the CD comes with it pre-installed, you can't remove it as far as I know. Is your XP CD the retail version (full install?) XP Pro, right?

I may have some older copies available at work that either have no service pack or are pre-installed with SP1a I could send to you. I know we used to have about 50 of them. Your product key and everything should work just fine, and if I can find some I'll send one to you free of charge.

If you just email me your shipping address, I'll look Tuesday and see what I can find.
thats very kind of you nick, thanks a lot. I'm pretty sure I have an old version of windows at home somewhere which does not have SP1 on it but if i can't find that I'll certainly let you know and ofcourse I'll pay you whatever it costs to ship.
After doing some research it seems the problem is with VIA 1394 chipsets. I'm going to the shop today to buy one that has a Texas Instruments chipset as I'm told these do not have any problems with SP2... I will post my findings as soon as I know.
thanks again. David.
Old February 25th, 2006, 10:58 AM   #20
Major Player

Good luck...
Nick Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2006, 08:27 PM   #21
Major Player

just incase anyone has the same problem, it seems that either rolling back to sp1 or buying a firewire card with the TI chipset (as I did) corrects this issue. I still have the occasional issue that means I have to turn my camera off, restart premiere and turn it back on again in order to capture, but thats nothing compared to the hell I've had the last two weeks so I'm happy to stick with the TI card that I've got.
Old February 26th, 2006, 01:13 AM   #22
Major Player

Firewire networking can cause this sort of problem. Is it turned off?
Alan Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2006, 07:00 PM   #23
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Craven
Firewire networking can cause this sort of problem. Is it turned off?
i never knew of such a thing. its turned off only if thats its default
Old February 27th, 2006, 01:00 AM   #24
Major Player

There is a setting in the Windows firewall for this. I think "on" is the default. It is on the Advanced tab of the firewall settings.

It is possible that other firewalls also have this setting.
Alan Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2006, 11:57 AM   #25
Major Player

hmm ok thanks. Ive disabled it now as we have one within our router anyway. I suppose I'll never know if it would have solved the problem now that I've got the TI chipset capture card! Seems to be working fine now tho.
David J. Payne is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite