Handling MONO??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old March 5th, 2006, 02:01 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Handling MONO???

Does anyone have a good P/Pro workflow with capturing Video w/ 2 Mono audio Tracks rather than Stereo? I am trying to figure out how to be able to work with Mono Audio captured with the Video, instead of Stereo Audio. It seems very complicaded to have to convert to Mono, Create Mono Submixes, and Copy Stereo to Mono. I am sure not everyone shoots in Stereo Audio only. It seems that P/Pro assumes this to be...

Thanks,

Gary
Gary Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2006, 03:23 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Select clip in the the project window

Select from main menu: clip : audio options : breakout to mono

Jon
Jonathan Nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2006, 02:37 PM   #3
New Boot

This workaround (Break out to mono) ain't that great though, since the three files "generated" are not linked anymore.

Instead, upgrade to PPro 2.0 were you can use a REAL channelmapping instead. Only took them, what is it, 7 or 8 versions to (almost) fix it.

I'd still like to be able to choose channelmapping during capture and I'd like the clips to be "linked" like in FCP.

/Max
Old March 8th, 2006, 04:59 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Re:

Thanks for your replies... Being able to select the audio channels during capture would be great. Are you listening Adobe???
Gary Harper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite