Adobe Prem 6.5 is giving me fits........... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old March 7th, 2006, 07:28 PM   #1
Major Player

Adobe Prem 6.5 is giving me fits...........

Gents,

I'm trying to import 19 minutes from tape.What happens is either one of two things:

a)After selecting the file or folder I let go of the mouse and nothing happens or:
b)I see the hour glass and the app locks up and freezes.Adobe stops "responding".Same thing happens over and over and over.

I personally saw this what should be a very basic,simple process successfully done in a studio last night,but after going home I could not duplicate what I saw demonstrated.

1)Is there a way I can allocate more memory to the program or is there a video cache involved?

2)What would prevent a successful capture into AP 6.5 so it can be cut & edited from within?

I tell you what really drives me crazy & perplexes me!I can input the same video clip with no problems to Window Movie Maker 2 which was fre in about 2-3 minutes and Adobe crashes every time!It will not accept this avi file.

3)Should my settings and preferences be set and saved to a certain combination to ensure better results?

A newbie at this.. just trying to make sense out of it.

Thank you.

Bruce
Bruce Pelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2006, 11:12 PM   #2
Trustee

First you say you are trying to import from tape, but then you say you are trying to import an avi. Perhaps the avi is damaged, or is using a codec Premiere doesn't like. Is it a DV AVI? Have you tried capturing the original footage from tape using Premiere?
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite