Importing 30P DV project in Premiere Pro 2? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old April 3rd, 2006, 11:20 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Importing 30P DV project in Premiere Pro 2?

I have a project that I De-interlaced in After Effects (magic bullet) to a 30p 720x480 4:3 aspect MS DV codec avi file.

I am not able to import it back into Premeire Pro 2 however. I can't find any setting for a new project that will allow me to setup for 30p. The DV codec project settings all seem to force a Lower Field First setup.

Is there anyway around this? I need to make some changes and I don't really have the time to run the project thru magic bullet again (very slow).
Old April 3rd, 2006, 06:51 PM   #2
Trustee

You can export deinterlaced footage from a PPro DV project (there's a check-box for that option). So if you import your 30p, and then after editing export it with "deinterlaced" checked, then does that essentially get you where you want to be?
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2006, 07:13 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Sounds like that might work. Let the footage be Premeire think it's interlaced footage if it wants to and just make sure it is set as deinterlaced on export. Now how can I be sure that premiere will not re-render the already deinterlace footage? Ow, now I'm getting dizzy...
Old April 3rd, 2006, 07:22 PM   #4
Trustee

Yeah...I'm not sure about the rerendering bit myself.

What output are you heading for? Progressive DV? (Because if it is anything else, it's going to get recompressed during export anyway....)
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2006, 10:06 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I usually frameserve from premiere using Debugmodes exporter and then I will encode it for DVD (I don't like premiere's encoder). But I would also like to print a copy out to tape however I think I am stuck with getting interlaced footage again when I do that.
Old April 6th, 2006, 08:09 AM   #6
Major Player

In premeire pro 1.5 when making a new project you can choose from presents of interlace options or go to custome settings and choose exactly what you want, such as; field options (interlace or none), frame size, fps etc... this is how i edit and work with 30p.
Old April 6th, 2006, 01:30 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Coughlin
In premeire pro 1.5 when making a new project you can choose from presents of interlace options or go to custome settings and choose exactly what you want, such as; field options (interlace or none), frame size, fps etc... this is how i edit and work with 30p.
These options seem to be gone in Prem Pro 2 unless someone can enlighten me as to where they went.
Old April 16th, 2006, 08:57 PM   #8
Major Player

The options should still be there. When creating a new project, you select the tab "Custom Settings" and then here is the trick: select 'Desktop' from the Editing Mode dropdown. This will allow you to specify a number of parameters like pixel ratio, fields, and timebase.
Jad Meouchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 12:49 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Thanks! That explains why prem pro 2.0 opens older projects in "Desktop Mode".

Now just what does destop mode mean?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite