DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2004 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/688-adobe-premiere-premiere-pro-discussions-2004-a.html)

Rob Lohman September 8th, 2004 02:08 AM

What is your final format going to be? DVD? Then don't let
Premiere encode your audio with the MPEG2 file. Audio has
been a notorious problem on the Premiere platform (at least
prior to the Pro versions).

If you are going to DVD let Premiere output the audio seperate
as either AC3 (if it can, probably not) or as WAV/PCM and load
that up in your authoring package. Hopefully it can convert the
latter to AC3, otherwise you are stuck with PCM on your DVD
(which takes more space).

It might help if you describe your workflow a bit more.

Greg Harris September 8th, 2004 06:57 AM

Yeah I believe the audio may to high. I did that from pp1 and its sounded odd, like the speakers were crackling. But I just turned down the levels to -4 or -6DB's

Dmitry Yun September 8th, 2004 10:43 AM

See I recorded the sound with a shotgun mic and I had my manual settings on low. I was reading Digital Filmmaking 101 and it says to record digital sound that way. I had to make the sound louder in post. Is I was to just burn the AVI to the DVD will I still have that sound problem?

Thanks guys.

Dan Euritt September 8th, 2004 10:47 AM

there is nothing wrong with the way that premiere 6.5 handles audio, it is not defective in any way that i know of... the complaints revolved around the lack of audio editing features.

what i have done in the past is to export the entire timeline as a wave file, then clean it up with tools like cool edit pro... to start with, have the program analyze the audio file to see if it's clipping, for example.

dmitry, are you saying that you amplified the heck out of the audio within premiere?

Mauricio Garcia September 8th, 2004 12:51 PM

Adobe premiere Pro v1.5
New Project, 24p Preset, File, New, Universal Counting Leader.
It allows some customization.

Dmitry Yun September 9th, 2004 12:19 PM

Yeah, I did amplify it to max on some clips but that seems not to be the issue. I figured out the way to keep my original sound in tact by simply taking my .avi file and droping it on the DVD straight up without any other convertions. It's just that I love to make my video at 25fps cuz it just look SOO damn good. But If I have to sacrifice that, it's ok. I'd just like to know if I could go the whole nine yards here and have my pretty 25fps effect with the sound as it is.

Thanks for your advice guys.

Ed Smith September 9th, 2004 02:39 PM

Dwight,

By the looks of things this is not a common issue (you have had no response for a few days)

You might what try posting:

- Computer specs (hardware and software)
- Settings
- And a complete description of what you are doing to cause it to crash.
- Are there any error messages
- What sort of crash is it? Blue screen, freeze?

You might also want to try Boris' website to see if any other people have the same problems.

Possibly try un-installing/ re-installing Boris/ premiere

Thanks,

William Forde September 9th, 2004 04:54 PM

I am not sure if this will help, but i had a similar problem with Boris FX. It ended up being too many fonts in my windows fonts directory (800+).

Clifford Hepburn September 10th, 2004 12:00 PM

I use PrePro 1.0 on my AMD64 3000+, ATI 9600 64MB, 512MB ram with no problems. Since I get a lot of airline time, I put the sequences together on the laptop and save all the critical adjustments for my PC. I don't like to adjust color, contrast, levels, etc. on the my laptops LCD screens.

Mathew Adams September 10th, 2004 04:11 PM

Problem Exporting in Premiere Pro 7.0

Hello all! I have a serious problem exporting in Adobe Premiere Pro 7.0. I capture at 16:9 and would like to export it at that ratio as well. The problem is the final product is at 4:3 and there is a black frame around it. When the video is played at fullscreen, the video doesn't strech the length of the screen. No matter what the settings are, it always exports this way. I have made new projects at 16:9 with both PAL and NTSC. I have exported with the "maintain aspect ratio" option set. I have tried everything i can think of. All help will be appreciated.

- Mat

Dwight Flynn September 10th, 2004 07:27 PM

Thanks guys for your reply. I have looked on the Boris site with no luck so far, but I will try your suggestions.

Thanks

Mike Mellis September 13th, 2004 11:15 AM

MPEG2 to AVI then back again?

I'm new. That said, here's my question:
I have alot of Hi8 footage to capture. My current computer configuration only captures analog as MPEG2. I've heard that the .AVI format gives better quality though. Is that true? In other words, if I capture as MPEG2 then convert to .AVI for editing in Premier Pro, then then render back to MPEG2 for DVD authoring, will I see reduced image quality after all that converting? Much of my Hi8 footage is over ten years old and some is low light. Any comments would be helpful. Thanks.

Ed Smith September 13th, 2004 02:14 PM

Short answer is probably no.

MPEG 2 is a lower resolution and converting it to AVI will not help the situation.

If you can capture straight into DV AVI rather than MPEG 2, it would help the situation. This would probably mean buying a capture card or analogue to digital converter.

cheers,

Ming Dong September 13th, 2004 04:13 PM

PPro v7.0 hangs while Export(ing) to DVD

I finished creating a 16minute video in PPro. But when I try to Export to DVD, PPro hangs during transcoding. It gets as far as 10% of the progress bar, then sits there. Once it hangs, Windows Task Manager shows 0% cpu usage by PPro.

And once it hangs, the "Cancel Recording" button on the Recording Progress window no longer works. I must use Task Manager to kill PPro.

Any ideas?

Ed Smith September 13th, 2004 04:24 PM

Hi Mathew,

Can you please explain how the video will be delivered (DVD, internet, vhs etc)?

what do you mean by "black frame"?

What sort of screen are you viewing it on?

If you have shot in 16x9 and your final output is 4:3, then you need to import the 16x9 footage into a 4x3 project and then maintain aspect ratio.

You could possibly do Pan and scan if you have the filter.

Please answer the above questions.

Thanks,