Forcing Audio to conform at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old August 1st, 2006, 08:46 AM   #1
New Boot

Forcing Audio to conform

Had a search and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. I have a project in which some of the music isn't conforming and hence won't play. Is there a way to 'force' PPro2 to conform audio. It just refuses atm, even when restarting the program and deleting all the existing audio caches.

John
John E Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2006, 08:56 AM   #2
Wrangler

I'm not aware of any options to manually conform...most people complain because they want it to NOT conform! Not sure I have any bright ideas to help, but here's my best:

- Is your audio already 32 bit? If it is already in the proper 32 bit, 48KHz format, it won't conform.

- How long is the audio? If it is lengthy, it takes a while and could be conforming in the background without you realizing it.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2006, 09:45 AM   #3
New Boot

Just 2-3 minute songs. Basically it won't play them. Either in the source window when I double click them in the bin OR in the output window when I play my timeline. It's very bizarre. The resources are all in the correct place and they used to work. It just won't play. I've come across some people having this problem before, whereby PPro2 usually conforms all the audio when it starts up but sometimes just ignores bits, but details of their fixes were sketchy and insufficient.
Old August 1st, 2006, 01:58 PM   #4
Major Player

John, close PPro and delete all conformed audio files that belongs to that Project. Launch PPro and let it re-conform the audio for that project. While PPro is conforming the audio, just sit back and wait, do not edit until the conforming process is done. Dont do anything in PPro while conforming audio.

By doing this you do force PPro to re-conform the audio.

Where the conformed audio are stored on your hard drive depend on how your scratch disks are setup in PPro.

/Roger
Old August 1st, 2006, 07:44 PM   #5
New Boot

I had already done all you had said but I tried it again anyway and found another folder with some audio files. All deleted. Opened Premiere, conformed the audio that it wouldn't conform before, however, still wouldn't play in the timeline!!! It was working in the source window now, but just nothing in the timeline, said the audio track was there and the clip, just wasnt playing anything, silence. In the end I had to find my edit points and just re-splice in the audio according to those. Time consuming and annoying. No idea what was wrong with it at all. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old August 1st, 2006, 09:13 PM   #6
Wrangler

Sorry, John. I'm at a loss right now. I'll be doing quite a bit of editing myself over the next few days so I'll keep watch for any clues.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2006, 12:27 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Are the tracks muted? That's already gotten me a few times. What format are the songs in?
Nick Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2006, 02:09 AM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by John E Harris
however, still wouldn't play in the timeline!!! It was working in the source window now, but just nothing in the timeline
Thats because you are using compressed media such as MPEG2 as your source clips. Am i right?

Compressed media may play well in the source window but once placed on the timeline they do not play any audio.

- What are you using, MPEG2, DivX, DV-avi?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite