getting rid of a zit in a clip, lol... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 11th, 2007, 03:03 PM   #1
Regular Crew

getting rid of a zit in a clip, lol...

ok, weird question here but I guess it's something I need to learn. working on a video for some folks (wife's relatives) and I have a quick clip of one of the girl's backs that i set to a black and white image. well you can see a spot on the back of her shoulder at which my wife said is a big zit and sure enough in color and zooming it does look like a big zit. so rather than just delete the clip I'd like to learn how to fix it. what tool in pp2 would let me say take another small spot on her back and copy that color over the zit so you cant see it? or is there a better way for fixing blemishes such as this?
Mark Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2007, 04:26 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I´m not sure in Premiere.
In After Effects you can use the clone stamp tool.
May be if you put a second version of the same track over and use the crop effect and move that layer so it overlaps the area you want to cover, but that depends on the shape of the area.
Another possibility is to export the clip as filmstrip and then open in photoshop, duplicate the layer, make a selection around the area you want to work, move the selection to an area as close to the original area you want to cover (to try to get the same color and shades), ivert the selection, put some feather and erase. Now move that layer to cover the area you want to fix. Collapse the layer, save and you are done.
Only some ideas to try.
Martin Chab is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite