HV10 + PC Transfer Problem - Can anyone help? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old February 9th, 2007, 11:33 AM   #1
New Boot

HV10 + PC Transfer Problem - Can anyone help?

Hello there...

I have a big problem and I searched the last few pages for a solution and couldn't find anything.

I bought the HV-10.. Made a few videos and tried transfering it through the USB and relised it wasn't going to work. Did a bit of research on the internet and ended up buying a Firewire IEEE1394a internal PCI card and the cable. Connected everything, switched on the camera and Windows XP recognised it right away.. Installed it automaticaly and all..

I then opened Adobe Premier Pro created a new project (1080i 30) and tried to capture the video (with the videocamera on the "play mode". I get a message on the top of the capture window saying: "Capture Device Offline".. I tried with Windows Movie Maker (OMG.. I was that desperate?) and didn't work either!

Have you got any ideia of what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it?!

Thanks a lot for any help! :D
Daniel Wiedemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 01:06 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Moved from Canon HV10/20 to the World Premiere.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 01:28 PM   #3
New Boot

Well...

Thanks but the problem is not Adobe Premier.. It's the camera (or something in between).. I tried it on Windows Movie Maker (just to test) and couldn't work either..

Can't anyone help me? :(
Old February 9th, 2007, 05:45 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Capture utils & NLEs need to be updated/aware of HDV format/spec for capture;
your version of Premiere (and moviemaker) may not be updated/able to capture HDV MPEG2 & control the deck.

If Windows sees the camera (under game devices as an AV/C deck I believe, not like DV Camcorders), then at least the OS sees it... step 1.

Then your NLE/capture util needs to talk to the camera control for HDV.
Probably only the most recent versions are able to. Check adobe support to verify your version can capture HDV.
OK, looked on updates, and there's an HDV plugin for Premiere Pro 1.5.1, dated 2/28/05, that sounds old enough- do you have it? (I assume if your premiere has a 1080i project, it understands HD, but... is that HDV? also, shouldn't it be 1080 60i? I don't know premiere)
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=2654

Else, did you buy the HV10 early enough to qualify for the free Pinnacle Studio rebate copy? (forget date, but might have been Jan07)
You might also try downloading trial versions of other software that supports HDV capture in meantime, just too verify capture works... Sony Vegas 7, Ulead MSPro8 (not sure VideoStudio10 talks to the HV10 w/o a patch, not avail on trial), etc...
Colin Gould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 07:42 PM   #5
New Boot

Heya...

Thanks for the feedback..

I have no idea what "Capture utils & NLEs" are but I checked and appears on the Windows Game Devices as AV/C Tape something...

I'm downloading that update you posted and will get back to you as soon as I test it.. And if doesn't work, I'll try the other trial softwares tomorrow..

Just to be clear, the problem is not in the camera or the communication with the PC, is it? (since windows found it)..

It's some codec/software/driver update or simply the guy sitting in front of the PC (me)..

Thanks anyway...
I'll get back to this post as soon as possible..

Good night!

-------------------

Edit: This update is for Premier 1.5.. Mine is 2.0 ! :(
Old February 16th, 2007, 11:02 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Just got my A1 today and I'm having the same problem

Managed to fix yours? :(

Tried Cineform Aspect HD trial version through Premiere and it does work, outputting the file as avi. I can't get VLANC to play it though :( It plays fine in PowerDVD though.
Chan Ee Jien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2007, 01:26 PM   #7
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chan Ee Jien
Just got my A1 today and I'm having the same problem

Managed to fix yours? :(

Tried Cineform Aspect HD trial version through Premiere and it does work, outputting the file as avi. I can't get VLANC to play it though :( It plays fine in PowerDVD though.

Hey...
Well.. yes... I used Sony Vegas and it worked. Now I'm having another question/problem.. (well.. I'm new to video).

This is my new question if anyone is up for answering it.. lol:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...d=1#post626603

Good luck to you too now! :)
Old February 16th, 2007, 06:30 PM   #8
Regular Crew

I think I know whats the problem with Premiere Pro. I'm missing a codec or something :(

I will forward this question in a new separate thread.
Chan Ee Jien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2007, 01:03 PM   #9
Major Player

Im having i think the same problem with my HV10 and adobe premiere pro2. I cant capture over firewire HDV. I have been resorting to using my sony HC3 to captuere footage shot with the HV10.
Old February 21st, 2007, 07:34 PM   #10
Major Player

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...jsp?ftpID=3408
Salah Baker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite