Help! Why does PP2 not recognize my HV20 in HDV? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old April 1st, 2007, 10:18 AM   #1
Major Player

Help! Why does PP2 not recognize my HV20 in HDV?

We've downloaded the Canon HDV presets and the camera does download SD but says camera is offline whenever we try to download HDV. We've confirmed in the device manager that it recognizes that it's a canon. Any ideas?
Matt Buys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2007, 08:46 AM   #2
Major Player

I'm still struggling with this so if anyone could take a stab I'd be grateful.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 08:54 AM   #3
Inner Circle

On your capture settings, what is your device control set to? I captured yesterday with mine just set on DV/HDV control. I did not have to download any additional presets.

Mike
Old April 3rd, 2007, 10:15 AM   #4
Major Player

Thanks Mike, I confirmed that our device control was set to DV/HDV. I also discovered our device brand was not set to Canon. But that didn't seem to matter. It recognizes the device under DV but under HDV it says capture device offline although we can control fast forward, rewind and playback. Ie that little red capture button is grayed out. Help! Help! Before I throw this beautful little camera about eighty feet into the air.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 10:16 AM   #5
Major Player

This weekend........
My Capture with the Hv20 in PremierP2 worked fine. I think that I was setting up the devide control in the capature window to Cineform hdv device.

But now my issue is that I found that the clompleted capture has a problem with the timecodes. For some reason when I select detect scenes and I capture the entire tape some of the clips are not recognazing the original timecode from the tape. This footage was capture with the A1 and then using the hv20 for digital capture. The majority of the clips are coming with the right free timecode from the A1 but some of them are starting with Zero.

At this point I dont know if is premier bug or the new interface of the HV20 and PP2.

Please if anybody knows let me know.
Jose Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2007, 10:29 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Buys View Post
Help! Help! Before I throw this beautful little camera about eighty feet into the air.
Make sure you have it recording before you throw it, could be some good footage! :)

Another thought, have you checked the output on the camera? In the menu/play/out setup2? On DV output it has DV locked or HDV/DV. Could this cause it not to be seen if it is in DV locked mode?

Just a thought.

Mike
Old April 3rd, 2007, 10:51 AM   #7
Major Player

Mike, or should I call you El Savior. Thank you very much. My dog had eaten that page on the manual.

Matt
Old April 3rd, 2007, 02:24 PM   #8
Inner Circle

Happy to help. :)

Mike

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite