Prem. 6.5/PP2.0 question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old April 27th, 2007, 10:35 PM   #1
Major Player

Prem. 6.5/PP2.0 question

When you import a .psd or .jpg to use as a motion graphic, how praytell do you get the software to keep from scaling it? There are options for maintaining the aspect ratio, but what I want is to keep it from blowing the little pic up that I want to float through the frame. The only solution I could think of, was to create a large white box around the tiny pic and try to make it transparent, and that seems absurd.

I tried it in both 6.5 (yes, I'm a sucker for A/B editing) and PP2.0, but in both cases, the picture gets scaled to fit the frame. You can zoom the pic using the motion controls, but I wasn't able to get it to stay at the same size throughout the whole motion path.

Any help would be appreciated :)
Jeremiah Rickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2007, 11:16 PM   #2
Regular Crew

For PPro2.0: Try reading about keyframes. If you set a size in the first keyframe and the same size in the second keyframe, the image should stay the same size between them.
Rune Austefjord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2007, 07:31 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremiah Rickert View Post
You can zoom the pic using the motion controls, but I wasn't able to get it to stay at the same size throughout the whole motion path.

Any help would be appreciated :)
In PPRO, right click on the image and check or uncheck "scale to frame size" as desired. You can also change the default for this in your preferences.

Curt Wrigley
Curt Wrigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2007, 10:51 PM   #4
Major Player

aha...

That was the ticket...the scale to frame size. Thanks! I finally figured out how to add extra keyframes, and to change the scaling on each one. I'm a writer, not an editor, but I'm trying to learn these things :)

Now I just need to figure out whether it's possible to have 2 pictures in motion on the screen at the same time. (I wanted one to come on and "knock" the other one off) but I can't make it work. I'm thinking After Affects might be my next stop.

Anyway, sorry for the dumb question. If I'd thought out better what I was after, I could've probably found it in the help, but thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Jeremiah Rickert is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite