AJA Ki Pro - Page 8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > AJA Io and Ki Pro
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

AJA Io and Ki Pro
...plus others from the AJA product line.

Old August 25th, 2009, 07:43 PM   #106
AJA

Manuel L. - Since Apple ProRes 422 QuickTime files are 10-bit in Windows via the Apple ProRes QuickTime Decoder, perhaps the issue is simply a setting in Premiere Pro. After speaking with some of the AJA staff that are more familiar with Premiere Pro, they suggested you look at how the Sequence Settings>Video Previews>Codec is set.

Mark David W. - The Ki Pro does not record H.264 files, but Apple ProRes 422 and Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) QuickTime files. With the Apple ProRes QuickTime Decoder for Windows installed, you should be able to import the QuickTime files that Ki Pro creates into Adobe After Effects 7 or Sony Vegas 9.

Barry A. - The Ki Pro will initially support Apple ProRes 422 and Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) as defined in the Apple whitepaper that you referred to in your post.

Regards,
Jon Thorn
Product Manager
AJA Video Systems, Inc.
California
Jon Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2009, 07:13 AM   #107
Regular Crew

No, in After Effects CS4 (in Vista64 system and quicktime 7.6) quicktime files with blackmagic Uncompressed 10 bit codec is correctly interpreted (10 bits), but quicktime ProRes 10 bit files are truncate to 8 bits. For After Effects ProRes is only 8 bits. And it is very important for color grading and VFX.
Old August 27th, 2009, 03:48 PM   #108
AJA Video Systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel Lopez View Post
No, in After Effects CS4 (in Vista64 system and quicktime 7.6) quicktime files with blackmagic Uncompressed 10 bit codec is correctly interpreted (10 bits), but quicktime ProRes 10 bit files are truncate to 8 bits. For After Effects ProRes is only 8 bits. And it is very important for color grading and VFX.
Manuel,

Why do you think that the ProRes is being truncated?

Can you describe your workflow in more detail?

Thanks,
Old August 27th, 2009, 05:40 PM   #109
Regular Crew

When I import Quicktime ProRes 10 bit files in After Effects CS4 (in Vista 64) and I apply a level efect, the histogram is not continue, it is truncated. This not happen with another quicktime 10 bit codec. See attached.
Attached Thumbnails
AJA Ki Pro-prores.jpg  
Old September 3rd, 2009, 02:33 PM   #110
Major Player

Just received an email from AJA. The Ki Pro is now shipping.
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 07:37 PM   #111
Major Player

That's great news at last, I hope they shipping overseas orders simultaneously this may just save me. I checked the AJA web site and found that they have also posted the Ki Pro manual and quick start documentation for download.
Lance Librandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2009, 07:28 AM   #112
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

We got the word yesterday afternoon. Lots of backorders at AJA, so I don't know when we'll actually get our first shipments.

As you would expect, we've put together some mighty aggressive bundles with KiPro and the new FCS3 to get things launched. Videoguys.com KiPro Bundles

Gary
Old September 4th, 2009, 08:00 AM   #113
Regular Crew

B&h

Wonder why B&H has pushed back their arrival time to October? I really want one of these, now!
Old September 4th, 2009, 08:08 AM   #114
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

Like I said, lots of backorders placed by dealers with AJA. We put our order in right after NAB, as I'm sure B&H did. It's going to be tight availability for a while.

Right now we have more units on order with Aja then backorders to customers. So if you place your order with us, you should get from our first shipment. Unfortunately as of today, I can't give you a firm date when that will be.

Gary
Old October 16th, 2009, 03:54 PM   #115
New Boot

Hey Gary, do you guys have the Ki Pro available for rental?
Gary Roberts is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > AJA Io and Ki Pro