Ki Pro v1.0.1 firmware update now available at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > AJA Io and Ki Pro
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

AJA Io and Ki Pro
...plus others from the AJA product line.

Old October 22nd, 2009, 04:29 PM   #1
AJA

Ki Pro v1.0.1 firmware update now available

AJA has enabled new features, as well as implemented improvements and fixes, with Ki Pro v1.0.1 firmware, available for download now on AJA's website.

New Features

•New parameter added: 8.3 ARM RECORDING. Choices for this parameter are REC KEY (Record button) or TC/REC KEY (start on Time Code or Record button; if starting on timecode, parameters 8.0, 8.1. and 8.2 must be set to qualify the source and type of timecode)

•Holding down either the SELECT and ADJUST buttons now causes them to repeat when selecting clips or stepping through frames

•Ki Pro can now play FCP-generated Apple ProRes 422 and Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) QuickTime files containing 24-bit stereo or dual mono audio. Please note that 16-bit audio is not supported at this time

•"HQ" has been added to the existing status displays. Now, when parameter 14.1 Encode Type is set to HQ, then HQ appears in the REC line in the status display to show that when a recording is made, the file created is an HQ file. During playback, the status display changes from IN/REC to MEDIA/OUT CONV, and if the file being played is an HQ file, then HQ appears at the end of the media line

•Parameter 802.11 MAC Address has been renumbered from 25.0 to 50.7.

Video Formats Supported (unchanged from version 1 firmware):
525i 29.97
625i 25
720p 50
720p 59.94
1080i 25
1080i 29.97
1080PsF 23.98

Improvements and Fixes

•Shutdown time when battery low has been extended, allowing for the close of longer record sessions

•Efficiency of close of record sessions improved, also allowing for the close of longer record sessions on battery low

•Improvements to analog outputs

•Improvements in SATA drive mounting and unmounting

•Improvements to wired (not wireless) DHCP network configuration

•Web page reloads now remain on the current page

•Improvement in transport control responsiveness when playing back large files

•Ki Pro now presents an alarm when the user tries to make a recording and there is no input source

•Improved alarm handling when dealing with damaged, corrupted and unformatted drives

•Currently selected clip is now highlighted in the Ki Pro web browser’s Clips page. (Caveat: This isn't automatically updated so if the user changes it on the front panel the user has to click the "refresh" link or reload the page to see the change.)

Not Implemented in Version 1.0.1 Firmware, but Coming Soon:

•ExpressCard/34 media support

•Apple ProRes 422 (LT) and Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy) QuickTime recordings

•Variable Frame Rate recording (VFR)

•RS-422 serial control of the device

•LANC and Lens Tap control of the device

•Use of FireWire 400 port for timecode data

•Use of FireWire 800 port for connecting Ki Pro to host computer as "media reader"

•8 channel embedded audio I/O (SDI and HDMI); 2 channel I/O supported with version 1.0.1 firmware

Link to the firmware download at:
Ki Pro - AJA Video - Serial Digital Video Interface and Conversion

Thanks,
Jon Thorn
Product Manager
AJA Video Systems, Inc.
California
Jon Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 10:54 PM   #2
New Boot

next firmware update

Is there an estimated time frame for the next firmware update?
In desperate need of all progressive formats.
Doug Bassett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2009, 03:17 AM   #3
AJA

Doug B. - The next firmware update is planned for December.

Regards,
Jon Thorn
Product Manager
AJA Video Systems, Inc.
California
Old January 11th, 2010, 01:23 PM   #4
New Boot

v 1.1

Are we there yet? :)
Old January 11th, 2010, 01:51 PM   #5
AJA

Doug B. - Version 1.1 will be available shortly. It's slightly later than originally anticipated because of the holidays.

Thanks for your patience,
Jon Thorn
Product Manager
AJA Video Systems, Inc.
California
Old January 12th, 2010, 01:53 PM   #6
New Boot

Sweet! I'm really hoping for 1080p30!!!
Old February 11th, 2010, 06:24 PM   #7
AJA

See the new version 1.1 firmware note on this forum

Doug B. - We have enabled true progressive support now with the latest firmware.

Kind Regards,
Jon Thorn
Product Manager
AJA Video Systems, Inc.
California
Old February 16th, 2010, 11:03 AM   #8
Tourist

Does the aja ki pro do true 1080p 24fps with the EX-1? I would like to see a recommended solution with battery, etc, along with estimated battery life. I need to know if shooting a full 18 hour day outside is possible with this setup.

Thanks
Ben Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2010, 11:45 AM   #9
AJA

Ben P. - The Sony PMW-EX1 (with a firmware upgrade) will output 1080PsF 23.98 from it's HD-SDI port. Note that when the product first began shipping, it did not support 1080PsF 23.98 output, but would instead output 1080i 29.97 for 1080p 23.98 recordings. To output 1080PsF 23.98 with the EX1, be sure that your camera has version 1.11 firmware or later.

One of our test cameras at AJA is a Sony PMW-EX1 with this firmware upgrade.

There are a variety of batteries available on the market; the small, lightweight batteries like the Dionic 90 from Anton Bauer for example, can run the Ki Pro for approximately 3 hours per full charge. Larger capacity batteries can run the unit for a longer period of course, but I thought giving you the lower capacity battery capability would put power needs into perspective.

If you need more information on a specific configuration, I recommend that you contact your local AJA reseller.

Hope this is helpful,
Jon Thorn
Product Manager
AJA Video Systems, Inc.
California
Jon Thorn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > AJA Io and Ki Pro