Please advice for wireless video work at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old February 11th, 2008, 08:50 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Please advice for wireless video work

Hi there.

Looking for my first wireless kit for wedding video work. What kind of kit should I be investigating? Sennheiser EW 112P G2 a good start?

Many thanks in advance!
Deniz Ahmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2008, 04:55 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deniz Ahmet View Post
Hi there.

Looking for my first wireless kit for wedding video work. What kind of kit should I be investigating? Sennheiser EW 112P G2 a good start?

Many thanks in advance!
Same thing everyone else and their cousin buys. The only negative I have ever heard about them are that they are plastic and if you or your talent drop it, you may be buying a new one to replace it.

If you have the money, get top of the line, Lectrosonics 400 series or Zaxcom but if you are broke, the G2s seem to be the weapon of choice and are much better than anything else around U.S. $500.00 or under.

Best,

Dan
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2008, 05:07 PM   #3
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Brockett View Post
Same thing everyone else and their cousin buys. The only negative I have ever heard about them are that they are plastic and if you or your talent drop it, you may be buying a new one to replace it.
I recently bought a Sennheiser EW-112PG2 wireless microphone kit and the bodypack and receiver are metal. Seems quite tough.
Colin McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2008, 09:54 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McDonald View Post
I recently bought a Sennheiser EW-112PG2 wireless microphone kit and the bodypack and receiver are metal. Seems quite tough.
Really? Transmitter is metal case? I have one coming from Sennheiser for an article about wireless but I have not used one yet. Another group of people on another audio board were making a big deal that the housing was plastic and much more fragile than the Lectros.

Interesting.

Dan
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2008, 10:32 AM   #5
Major Player

The G2 housing is metal, the lid is plastic. Lectros are better built from what I´ve seen but I haven´t had any issues with my Sennheiser using it in a fairly rough run-and-gun invironment. If you use them every day for hours and hours go for the Lectros. For wedding work I would not hesitate to get the G2.
Matthias Krause is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio